♡ Part 4 ♡

You saved me from Shuja & Gina Livia was the first song I heard when I got back in the car the next morning. Just like the previous morning, I was on my way to the bakery to get breakfast buns. I caught myself that the song reminded me of Lando. When the second verse started I felt every word being sung.

'Oh, up all night
Telling all those stories
When I'm low, you're my height
You take my worries
And I'm not capsized yet
Not capsized yet
Safe me
Safe me'

I arrived at the bakery and parked the Ford Ka outside the door, got out and walked in. I was greeted cheerfully by the same woman as yesterday. "Are you here again for a nice breakfast?" The woman asked and smiled. "That's right!" I replied, and I started pointing out the buns I would like. She put everything in a bag and we settled. I wanted to go out when she stopped me. "Wait!" I turned and looked at her questioningly. "You have a beautiful smile, you should laugh more often." I felt my heart warm and looked at her gratefully. "Have a wonderful day, honey." She said. "You too, and thank you." I replied and walked out with a good feeling. Back in my car I wanted to reactivate my usual playlist with kind of sad songs, but I changed my mind. I looked for a happy songs playlist and as I drove back I yelled along with Happy by Pharrell Williams.It was still early when I got back to the tents. The grass was wet with dew and hardly anyone was walking around. I set up a table between the two tents. I made sure we could eat right away when the other three woke up too. As quietly as possible I crawled into the tent to get my book and a thick sweater. According to the weather app on my phone, it would be almost 30 degrees Celsius today, but it was still very cold. Not surprising, because it was only eight in the morning. I pulled the sweater over my head and grabbed a folding chair. I sat in it and pulled my feet under me. Actually, I planned to read, but it was hard to concentrate. Normally I could fully immerse myself in reading. It's kind of an 'escape' for me. Just immerse yourself in the story and forget everything around you. Now I just kept thinking back to the previous evening. It was terribly cold and I hated myself for longing for Lando's arms around me to warm me up again. He was so patient, helpful and sweet. It felt good to be able to tell someone everything and not be judging. He didn't think I was posing or that I should behave. He didn't mind that I cried all wet to him. He just sat there, he comforted me and waited for me to feel kind of okay again. When that was the case, he started summarizing my story to see if he understood me correctly. ''So, your dad's phone was in the kitchen, when he saw that, he quickly grabbed it before you could look at it. You thought that was suspicious and that night you picked up his phone. You looked at his messages and a few other apps, but you couldn't find anything strange. You thought you imagined it and you let it rest. About a week later, you walked into the living room without your father noticing. He had his phone in his hand and he was scrolling through his gallery. You wanted to walk up to him and then he realized you were there. He quickly turned off his phone so you couldn't see the screen. Later you took his phone and looked at his gallery. And then you found an album full of... photos of younger women; in the city, in bikini, some even half-naked... You didn't know what to do, ignored your father for more than a week. You ended up telling your mom and now you've been living with a friend for almost a year, because you can't take it at home anymore." When he summed up the whole story, I nodded slightly, staring at my feets. I suddenly realized that it was nice to tell him everything, it was nice that he listened to me, that he did not judge, that he comforted me and that he was there for me, it was nice to spend time with Lando... I closed my book and picked up my phone to text Chloe. Chloe is the friend that I've lived with for about a year now. She still lives with her parents, but that doesn't matter at all. They are very nice people and they are very nice to me.

Olivia: 'Hey Chloe, how are you there? Everything is fine here, it is fantastic to be here !! 🤩🤩'

I sent to her and I picked up my book again. After reading about two pages my phone vibrates. Assuming it was Chloe, I picked it up and checked the message. When I saw who the message belonged to, I started to smile like an idiot. "Who makes you so happy?" I suddenly hear. I look up and see Isabelle approaching, she takes a chair and sits opposite me. "Oh, nobody." I say mystical and then I read the message.