A Note From The Author

To the reader,
This book is a cross between a memoir and a fictional novel. Moreover, this was based on true events that took place throughout most of my college career leading up to my very first twin-flame experience. Although I am no longer affiliated with the individual with whom I shared this relationship, this moment in my life was striking enough to completely turn me inside-out in the sense that, given my longtime black sheep-psyche and discombobulated upbringing and family life, I have never come across someone who I felt was all of me in another body, let alone in male-form. This in itself was a profoundly eerie event that I still cannot shake the feeling of today as you read this author's note.
And at the same time, this story is fictitious in different ways. For one, it is a story all on its own; Gioia McCauley and her life are the main focuses, not me nor my personal life. She isn't a real person, nor are her family members and family friends, Quincy and the rest of the Whistleaters, Seacrey and the Jacksons, nor any other staff member or student from the Community College, staff from Gioia's former places of work, and so forth. The Community College isn't real either. Her town doesn't exist. Nobody's towns exist in this story. Gioia and the rest of the characters have their own personalities, styles, and attitudes too.
But given that this was based on a true story, the people and events featured were based on those from my memories of what had occurred to me. And believe it or not, some events in this didn't even happen to me; they were solely for the book and the purpose of shaping a world either melting with the protagonist or misunderstanding her. If there are distinct names in the book, or rather any names at all, nobody from my personal life had those names; not the first, middle, confirmation, or last names.