I shared a look with Rick, knowing it would be best for at least one of us to discard our weapons. I lowered my gun with a sigh and shoved it in my holster before unclipping it and tossing it onto the table.

"Thank you, darling," He said, making me bite the inside of my cheek in disgust at his words, and my hand twitched toward my knife hidden away in my waistband. I looked over at Rick and nodded, telling him that it was okay to put his gun away. He lowered his arm and shoved his weapon back into his holster, stalking our side of the table and waiting to hear what else the Governor had to say. The Governor sat at one of the chairs, his hand motioning to the empty one on our side. "If I had known it'd be two of you, I would've gotten an extra chair. Sorry."

I shook my head at the man, confused as to why he was trying to be so nice to us. He certainly wasn't like this when he shot us up a week and a half ago. The silence droned on as we all stared one another down. I know for a fact that I wasn't comfortable being here. I wonder how Rick feels. Is he on edge like I am, or is he ready for war to break out right here and now? A loud scraping noise caught our attention, and light from the outside started to flood in. Andrea looked inside, a questioning look on her face as she saw me.

"What's going on?" She asked. I wasn't sure if she was questioning the overall situation or wondering why I was there with the two men.

"Your friends aren't much for small talk," The Governor said as he leaned back in his chair with his eyes on Andrea.

"You're the one that wanted to talk, so talk," I scoffed at the man. We attacked him first, but he had our people and was ready to execute them. We had a reason as to why we attacked. He attacked because he wanted us out. He wants us dead. That much is plain and simple. Andrea stepped up to the table, her eyes darting between her lover and us.

"I wanted you to talk." She said, "Too many people have died for no reason." She walked forward, keeping in the middle as she leaned on the table. Is this her way of saying that she isn't choosing sides? "Let's end this and save the bullets for the real threat. We can solve this." I stood straight with my arms in front of my chest, unsure if she could talk her boyfriend into ending this. "That's why I asked you to come here." Is she that delusional? He won't keep his word, and that stupid smirk on his face confirms it.

"We know a lot about you," I spoke, "We know about the raids, the heads, Maggie." I watched as his smile turned into a frown. I struck a nerve, and I bet he's going to try pinning that on Merle to save face with his toy.

"Merle did that," He said immediately, confirming my hunch. I let a smile break across my lips as I realized how unhinged this man was. If he does take accountability, it just proves to him that he's a monster, and that's something he can't face yet.

"Sure," I laughed and looked at Rick, who remained stoic. "Cause Maggie violated herself, right?" Andrea looked at me, her eyes wide in surprise, "Stop playing stupid and stop trying to save face. You know what we're talking about." I watched the Governor's face go from angry to emotionless to 'happy.'

"You know all about me, and I know all about you." The Governor brushed me off, "I don't care about any of that. We're here to move forward." He finished and flashed me a smile. I felt my hand twitch as the urge to throw my knife at this man overwhelmed me. To fight the urge, I diverted my gaze onto Rick.

This man is a psychopath. He's trying to play us like a fiddle and give us false security. He'll try offering peace, making it sound like it's something he wants, and when we least expect it, he'll attack us again. Andrea stood straight and sighed as the gears in her head started turning. She's blinded. She was blind back at the farm, and she's blind here.

"I've known all of you at different times," She began, "But only after the world went to shit. And the three of you stepped up for the good of others at great personal risk. There's no reason—"