forty

fangirl
chapter forty | no one's point of view.

"you don't think this is too extra?" eileen frantically asks, looking at the outfit draped over her bed

"you don't think this is too extra?" eileen frantically asks, looking at the outfit draped over her bed. her eyes flick over to vinnie. he shakes his head. "no, it looks sick. plus it's a concert, you can never be too extra."

"i just don't wanna look stupid." she says, bringing her hand up to her lip to bite nervously at her fingernail. vinnie just chuckles and leans up, causing her to look up at him. he pulls her into a warm embrace. "you can never look stupid. i promise you that," he assured her. she looked up and just smiles and pecked his cheek quickly before looking at the clock.

the forum was thirty minutes away from her apartment, but she knew parking and everything would take a while. they were planning on getting there at 5:30. the concert started at 7:00. they didn't want to be too late, but vinnie did get them general admission to the watermelon pit. meaning they had to get there as soon as possible to get as close as they wanted.

it was 4:10, so eileen knew she wanted to get ready. it may seem too early, but eileen wanted to look perfect for tonight. she didn't know the next time she'd be in the same room as harry, so she wanted to take her time and not rush getting ready.

"okay, i'm gonna get ready," she says, turning around to go sit at her vanity desk. vinnie just laughs at her rushed behavior and goes to sit on her bed, looking at his phone.

as eileen waits for her straightener to heat up, she can't help but look at vinnie through the mirror at her vanity.

it blew her mind when she thought about it. he bought her tickets to harry styles, and he seemed so excited to see her reaction to him.

it didn't seem real. having a guy that liked her this much. having someone do something like this for her.

with warm cheeks, eileen moves off the of the chair and walks up to vinnie. upon seeing her out of the corner of his eye, he looks up at her. she doesn't say anything, just softly flings herself into his chest. he doesn't even hesitate, pulling her close before placing a quick kiss on her forehead. she snuggled closer into him.

"not that i'm complaining, but what's this for?" he asks, laughing. she just shakes her head, and she can feel tears start to form. "i just can't believe you did this for me. i'll never be able to thank you enough," she whispers. she pulls herself out of his warm embrace and he looks up at her with a pout.

"i gotta get ready!" she defends herself, moving to go sit back on the chair. he scoffs in a playful way. "serious question, if he asked you to go backstage with him would you?"