thirty seven

fangirl
chapter thirty seven | no one's point of view.

"you really can't skate for shit," vinnie manages out through his laughter

"you really can't skate for shit," vinnie manages out through his laughter. eileen sends him a pointed look and rolls her eyes, though she had a grin on her face.

the skate park was busy today, and it made eileen anxious. she didn't feel like this was her scene, even though she had been to this skate park multiple times.

she feels a little bit more comfortable as she looks over at vinnie. as she meets his eye, he's already looking at her with a smile on his face. as she catches him staring, his eyes widen before he quickly looks down at his board, causing eileen to smirk.

it had only been just last night that eileen and vinnie had their second kiss. nothing much happened after that. they just cuddled and talked briefly before someone came rushing through the room once the timer hit seven minutes.

after that, the friend group all grew bored, and they left the small party.

they just want back and hung out at eileen's. jessie and aaron once again played video games. troy, dylan and tristan were just chatting it up in the kitchen. sam and halle were passed out, and eileen and vinnie just sat in her room and watched disney movies.

it felt nice. she felt happy, and that worried her. it's like everytime she was happy, something happened to ruin it. and of course, she was worried about that with vinnie. she always had her guard up, and vinnie could tell. but he didn't mind— he would do anything for her to be open with him once again.

it felt nice. them just hanging out, and it being just that. sure, they kissed— but there was no pressure. they were just going with the flow, and it felt nice.

"i'm tired," he states. she nods, walking over to sit on a bench. "yeah, i am too. aaron was so loud this morning," she whined. vinnie just nods, moving to stand in front of her.

eileen sighs looking up at him for a moment before she has the sudden urge to look at her lockscreen on her phone. so she pulls it out of her back pocket, and vinnie just stands in front of her. he's looking behind her, just watching people skate.

when he looks back down at eileen, he sees her looking at her phone with teary eyes and his eyebrows furrow. "what?" he questions.

eileen looks up and just sighs for a moment before laughing at herself.

"do you think i'll ever be able to love anyone as much as i love harry styles?" she asks. it takes vinnie a moment for it to register— and he just starts to grin at her.