3

"Taehyung-ah, would you mind getting the cocoa powder for me?"

Jimin was in the kitchen on the morning of September 1, trying his damnedest to bake the most perfect chocolate cake he'd ever made. Unfortunately for him, he had started mixing dry ingredients but had forgotten to take half of the necessary items out of the cupboards. Which is why he was now prompting his younger brother for help.

Taehyung was a blue-haired beta wolf, and unlike Jimin, he found his mate on the day of his birthday. He was just a few months younger than Jimin. The older man had been so jealous of the beta, he didn't speak to him for almost a week.

But he knew it wasn't Taehyung's fault, and he couldn't ignore his brother forever, so they quickly picked up right where they left off after an encouraging, hopeful speech from Taehyung at 4 in the morning where he promised Jimin that he would find his mate one day. Taehyung made sure to never brag about his relationship nor flaunt the bite mark on his neck signaling his bond, which Jimin was very grateful for.

He was happy for his little brother but still pissed off that he was going on two years of waiting, and nothing.

Nada.

Zilch.

Taehyung had quickly grabbed the requested cocoa powder from the upper cabinet, setting it in front of Jimin and silently pulling out the other materials that Jimin had forgotten in his haste.

"Min-ah, I know today is a special day, but this cake is gonna taste like shit if you don't calm down and think about what you're doing." He scowled as he watched Jimin try to mix wet ingredients with dry ones, grabbing his hand before he could pour the milk in the bowl. "Get another bowl! Jimin, you've done this before! What is up with you today?"

Jimin set the milk down, leaning his weight on his palms he had set on the counter with a huff. "I don't know, Tae. My wolf is restless. I didn't sleep well last night, and I'm anxious about making sure Jungkook has a good birthday. He's really hopeful that he's gonna find his mate today, but just in case he doesn't, I want to make sure his birthday is as exciting and fun nonetheless."

"You didn't even try this hard for my birthday," Tae pouted. He paused for a moment, his eyes widening in realization. "What if your wolf is restless because he knows you're gonna find the one today? What if your mate is Jungkook?"

Jimin whacked him in the back of the head with a dry mixing spoon. "Shut the hell up. You know better than anyone we're just friends."

"Yeah, but what if?"

"Taehyung, I don't wanna talk about this. Are you gonna help me with the cake or not?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, sighing before getting to work on cracking the eggs.

-==-

"I'm not saying I'm gonna find my mate today, but like, I'm feeling pretty confident, hyung."

Namjoon was sitting in one of the bedrooms of the pack house watching Jungkook run around in a haste. The younger was acting like he was getting ready for prom, trying on dozens of outfits and asking Namjoon if he looked good in them.

"Jungkook-ah, I told you, you look fine. You looked good in the first seven outfits you tried on."

"You're just saying that so I'll stop bothering you about my outfits."

"At this point, yeah."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, unbuttoning his white dress shirt in exchange for a black one.

Oh yeah, he said to himself, doing a once-over in the mirror. It's all coming together.

"How about this one?"