"Awe! Come here."

I went straight into her open hands and collapsed on top of my friend. I cried softly into her shirt, trying my best to keep my tears to a minimum.

I slowly pulled myself from the hug and that was when I caught the chick with Jillian. She stood by her side and I didn't know how I hadn't seen her before.

Jillian obviously saw me eyeing the girl. "Oh! Alex, this is Taleah!"

Her friend looked at me with her large lips pulled down. She had dark, dark skin and her hair was let loose in short black wires.

"Hey, gurl. I'm so sorry to be hearing what happened to your sweet thang," she told me in an amazingly ghetto tone.

I offered her a smile as I rubbed a my eyes. "Thank you."

Taleah's frown turned over into a huge grin. "Anytime! You know you can hit me up for anything."

"That means a lot," I told her in a soft voice, being aware of how monotone my sentence had came out.

Taleah nudged Jillian. "Man, I love this chick already!" She beamed.

Jillian let out a laugh as I giggled. I didn't feel like Taleah was the kind of person Jillian would be good friends with, but she did seem like a nice person.

The bell sounded, and I quickly inhaled. Great, my first day at school without Claire had officially begun. We all had several minutes to get to class, and I planned to get there as late as possible.

"I'll see you in Psychology, Alex," Jillian said as a goodbye.

I gave her a crooked smile. "Okay."

"See ya 'round, girl!" Taleah shouted.

I gave her a wave of my hand and let my hand drop after the two girls left me alone by my locker. I was tempted to not even attend my first class, but knew I couldn't take pity on myself. I needed to go to class, whether I liked the idea or not.

I slammed my locker shut and reluctantly went to first period.

......

I felt like I was going to fall over dead by the end of the day. I had skipped three classes throughout the dreadful day, and had spent them sitting in the bathroom, crying and feeling sorry for myself. I just couldn't get Claire to leave my mind, especially with everyone's eyes staring into my shameful soul. I understood her death was half my fault, they didn't need to enhance that.

I hadn't attempted to go to English class, since that was one of the classes me and Claire shared. I couldn't take the idea of being in a classroom which my girlfriend should be in, too. The other two classes I had skipped were just because of all the other students. They wouldn't stop fucking looking at me with their judgemental eyes.

Even though I had already been dragged through hell, my day was not completely over. I sat in my last period class- Psychology. We had about five minutes left, and I was grabbing at the tips of my hair, keeping my eyes dead hard on the slowly ticking clock. Claire was supposed to be in this class as well, but I knew I shouldn't skip anymore classes. I might go to a public school, but we still got reprimanded for missing class without an excuse. But wasn't my excuse good enough?

I was forcing myself to stare at the clock ahead of me which sat on the wall, but my eyes kept glancing to Claire's empty desk without my permission. Seeing it so empty made my heart crush. She should be here. Why had she gone away?!

I jumped up from my desk as the bell rang, indicating school was over. I instantly grabbed my things and began to bolt for the door, but didn't get very far.