Chapter 3

"Someone, If you can see, the dark inside of me, No one will ever change this Animal I Have Become." -Three Days Grace -Animal I Have Become

Chapter Three

I rang the doorbell to Claire's house. I fidgeted with the bottom of my dress as I waited for her to answer the door.

I saw her pretty face peek through the window near the door, and she smiled as she saw me.The door swung open, revealing my love.

She looked gorgeous in her silver shirt which tucked into a black miniskirt. Her newly-cut hair was straightened and I knew it would take some time getting used to the new look. Black flats covered her feet and she wore a large amount of black bracelets which traveled halfway up either arms.

"Hey, baby," I said softly as I greeted her with a kiss.

She pecked my lips back and was grinning as we both pulled back. It was so good to see her happy again, and by the looks of things so far, she was feeling a whole lot better.

"I got these for you," I said with pink cheeks as I held out the roses in front of her.

Her smile grew wider and she took the flowers eagerly. "Oh, wow, Alex! They're so pretty. Thanks!"

I smiled gently at her. "You're welcome. You ready to go?"

"Yeah, sure. Let me grab my clutch and set these flowers inside."

I nodded at her and watched as she ran back inside. I was real excited to go out with her tonight. We hadn't done something like this in forever and I was eager to.

Claire came back in an instant and interlocked her fingers with mine. We headed to my car and I opened the passenger door for her as she climbed in.

I recalled back to the first time I had seen Claire. I had sworn she was the most beautiful thing I had ever set my eyes on, and I still could not argue with that statement. She was gorgeous...inside and out.

I joined my girlfriend in the car as I sat in the driver's spot. I began to drive off, and Claire pitched in to the silence which had been sitting between us.

"Guess what, Alex!"

"What?"

"Hey, you have to guess," Claire whined.

I glanced at her and raised an eyebrow at her, beginning to feel curious.

"Oh, you'll never guess! My parents might let me and Chloe get a puppy for Christmas!" She shrieked.

My face changed from curious to shocked. Her and her sister had both wanted a puppy forever but their parents wouldn't allow it. Their excuse was that pets were a lot of work, and they were right on that. But they were also real nice to have; I would know because of our brown cat we owned.

"Woah! Really, Claire? That's great!"

"I know, right!" Claire beamed. "I really hope they buy us one."

"I hope they do, too," I told her with a small smile.

We arrived to the restaraunt and I wrapped my arm around her waist as we walked inside. I knew I was about to be spending a shit load of money, but that was okay. My mother had given me some money, and I had a stack of my own, so I'd be fine.

"This place is so nice, Alex!"

"We've been here about three times!" I reminded her.

Claire shrugged. "So? It's still just as gorgeous as all the other times."