standing in front of you

"You went out with Ricky? Ricky as your ex boyfriend Ricky?" Luke was standing up and screaming at Nini. She got used to it at this point. He would get mad at everything, if someone breath near her, he would get mad at her.

"I just ran into him and we talked for like 15 minutes. It's not a big deal!" It was a big deal, she knew that. But she was too scared of breaking up with Luke and being alone. She felt vulnerable, like if she was made of glass.

"Nina, we are talking about the guy who broke your heart! Who hated me because I had a crush on you! I don't want him in your life again. You can't see or talk to him again."

"Excuse me? You can't tell me what to do. You are my boyfriend, not my boss" She grabbed all the strength that she had and was ready to fight with him. Not listen to him screaming while she cried. Not this time. She was tired of him.

"Well Nina, you have to choose. Me or him. Me, who stayed by your side or the guy you slept with and left." Those words were like a stab at her heart. She regretted that more than anything. He knew that and used it to hurt her even more, to manipulate her. But it wasn't going to work anymore.

"Leave my house. We're done. I'm done with your screaming and controlling self! You were a horrible boyfriend. You manipulate me all these years, knowing I was sad and fragile about everything. I'm done. We are done. Leave" She had no tears on her face anymore. She was done. It felt like all the weight she had been carrying all these years disappeared. She heard the door close and realized what she had done. She felt proud of herself.