I would wait for ever and ever

Remind me how it used to be, pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks and say you want me.

One year ago, was one of the worst nights that Nini had experienced. But everything started to make sense again. She was alone, getting better. She had found herself, and in that process she had found her best friend back. Things weren't the same, but at least they were in each other's lives again. She unlocked the phone and her iphone thought it was a good idea to remember her old pictures. She smiled when she saw a screenshot of an old tweet. Then another, and the another. She spent two hours looking at old memories. She remembered the first time Ricky told her that she was his Monica. It meant the world for her. Since she was little, she had been really insecure of herself, but with Ricky, she felt safe, she knew that he would never judge her. Until that day, she didn't understand what she did right to have him in her life. He would see the cheesiest romcoms with her, even when she was with a cold and wanted to watch Tangled on loop, he stayed by her side through the 7 times the movie repeated. She knew that they were going to end up together. Maybe not now, but after all, he was her person, her prince, her soulmate, her best friend.

{old memories that Nini was seeing)

And then you say I want you for worse or for better, I would wait for ever and ever

And then you say I want you for worse or for better, I would wait for ever and ever. Broke your heart, I'll put it back together, I would wait for ever and ever.

They had a new tradition, every Monday after school, they would buy a milkshake and go for a walk. Senior year was hard, so they've been doing this for months but Nini would get nervous every time, she was scared that he would bring up that night. She wasn't ready yet, she knew they were going to end up together, but not now. Prom was around the corner and he wanted to ask her but was too scared to get rejected and ruin everything, again. His thoughts were interrupted by Nini.

"Who are going to prom with?" he could tell that she was nervous to hear the answer.

"Um-l- I asked no one yet- but maybe- only if you want to- I've been thinking-"

"Wanna go with me?" Nini said with a smirk on her face "I mean, we did a pinky promise after all and I never break my promises" she remembered that time before they started dating. It was the beginning of high school and Nini felt little and insecure just by walking down the hallway. One day she started crying after seeing a Promposal because "no one will ever love her". Ricky promised her that they would go together.

"Of course Neens" They looked at each other and forgot about the fact they were standing at Nini's door. Their moment was cut off by her mom telling her to come inside.

"I have to go" She looked down and bit her lip. Was this a good idea? Yeah, they've been hanging out a lot for months, she trusted him again, she forgave him, but was she ready for this? As if he could read her mind, she grabbed her cheeks and said with a soft tone:

"I'll wait for you. Always, because I know we are going to end up together, tomorrow or in 15 years. You're my soulmate. You should go" he started walking away when he felt her hand holding his.

"Thank you Ricky, I'll see you tomorrow?" He nodded. What he didn't expect was her lips on his. It was a soft and short kiss, but it was full of hope. In that moment he realized that what he said was true. She was the person he was meant to spend the rest of his life with.