He picked up something from the ground and tossed it to you. "This is what you'll be wearing anytime you go out for a night patrol run."

The material was all black, and it looked to be designed similarly to the costume you currently had on. The difference was that this would cover your body entirely.

"This looks a lot like a costume from a show I watched as a kid, just without the cat accessories."

"There's another piece as well." He stood and handed you something, "this is a voice modulator. It covers nearly your entire face and distorts your voice to keep someone from recognizing you when you speak."

You took the device in your hands and studied it, "this is kinda badass."

"That combined with your suit will make it nearly impossible to confirm your identity while it's dark out, which is why you will only be going at night."

You looked up, "this isn't some kind of trap right? Because if I sneak off-campus and find a group of heroes and police waiting to arrest me, I'll use your wings as wall decorations for my dorm."

He looked over his shoulder and patted his right-wing. "Oh come on, there's no need for threats. You trust me right?"

"No, actually I don't. The only reason I'm working with you is because you're giving me a way to do something that I've been planning on doing for a little while now."

"Fair enough, you'll warm up to me eventually. Just remember that I'm risking myself just as much as you are, if the heroes find out I've included you in this assignment without permission then I will have hell to pay. Most of them already weren't happy with the idea of you becoming an intern at my agency."

"The fact that they're all so opinionated of me is weird, like why are all of these adults so worried about a teenager?"

"Well, you are a teenager with immense power and a father who is probably one of the most feared villains, not to mention the fact that you've already had a murder charge on your hands."

"That charge was dropped, and there isn't any evidence."

"Right... I'm just saying that the people have a right to be interested when it comes to you, what they don't have a right to do is bully you and treat you like crap for reasons you can't control."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

Hawks stood from his seat. "The last thing is about your quirk, how many abilities do you currently have?"

"I don't know, maybe like ten?"

"And do the people at UA all have knowledge of these abilities?"

"Yeah."

"Great, so you need to learn a new one. One that won't be easily recognized in case you find yourself in a brawl and one you can't tell anyone about."

You thought for a second, "I think I have one I can work on."

"Good, other than those few things I don't think we need to talk about much else. Schedule-wise you only need to be going out on the nights that you would like to. You and I will meet twice a week for our official internship business, and during that time we can also compare our findings."

"That works."

He grinned, "it's settled then."

--------------------------------------

After hours of strolling through the city and being bombarded by reporters and civilians, you finally got to finish and go back to the dorms.

Hawks had been quite the charmer, and you were pretty sure he had managed to convince at least half of the public that your internship was a good idea.