The Master's Pet

THE MASTER’s PET

This story begins years ago when I was a child…my parents killed in the worse ways you can think of, or maybe you cant…My mother was brutally murdered by men, first made to suffer through things I cant talk about…My father, thrown in a torture chamber…only to die days later from blood loss and a concussion. This is where my story begins in the lowest part of hell you can think of….

“Mother….Father,” I cried in a small box they called a jail…I was only 13 years old when they died, which makes it two moths ago. I had just turned 14 in September. Jack, the guard slowly made his patrols through the dungeon halls. All I could hear was weeping and crying of children, and women…I didn’t know what was going to happen to me, what I was going to do, how I was going to escape, or..if I was ever going to escape. “I-I want t-to go home,” my voice was strained and slightly horse from screaming when they had marked me, my eyes were blood shot from crying every night. My hair sopping wet from the rain that had just fallen two days ago. The rooms were wet, cold, and lonely. No one I could trust knew I was here, I thought no one cared, I thought I was going to die soon. (“Mom…Dad…I’m scared,”)….

 sleeping in my cell, the cot I was on smelt sour and rotten, like it had been there for ages, all the straw was black….or maybe a dark brown. When I got a wiff of it I awoke with a sneeze there was dust in the air and mostly because it was the worst thing I had smelled yet. I slowly rubbed my eyes coughing, I’ve had a cold for 3 days now, the rain fell through my cell window and under my feet when it rained. For some reason I liked the feeling, I loved playing in the water when I was free and when my parents were alive, all those 13 years of freedom and happiness….not a care in the world. After a while I could hear feet approaching, I quickly got up walking to the cell door looking through, wanting to know if it was Jack. Of course Jack would be patrolling through the area at this time of night but what was weird was he had another man with him. He was the same height as Jack and he looked the same age as him, which was about 25 or 26. He was tall and had jet black hair that went down to the bottom of his ears. The thing she noticed first was not his clothes, hair nor height….but his eyes, they were crystal blue, they looked like brand new polished emeralds. For a 14 year old you would usually hear (“yuck,”) and (“gross”) Love was gross but to her….it was.. The most beautiful thing in the world….she loved the way her mother and father kissed and hugged each other, the way they looked at each other with passion. All her life she’d wanted to be just like them, meet someone, get married and have a wonderful family. But all those dreams ended when all of this started…The tall pale man walked down the hall way talking to the patrolman, Jack. “So what are you looking for, for a slave I mean?” Jack said looking at the mysterious man walking beside him.  “I will tell you when I find her.” he said sounding annoyed and agitated. “Yes… yes of course,” Jack said glaring at him from behind. Suddenly the man’s eyes met mine. Flinching I sat back down on my cot trembling, waiting for him to pass by. I could hear his footsteps stop when I retreated from the cell door. “What’s that girls name?” he said with a hint of interest. “Who’s that girls?” Jack asked looking at him and pointing to my cell door. “No the one in your butt, of course that one you moron,” he snapped back. “Her names Morgan sir, she’s the newest of the bunch. We just got her two months ago. She’s got a bit of a cold but she’s been holding up..” Jack said always loving to show his knowledge. “Morgan..huh?…I like that,” he said with a smile, it wasn’t your any day kind smile but…a devious smile, it had “the devil” written all over it.