The doctor stared at him in pity. He didn't know what to say to the other. Jimin smiled bitterly. "I guess it's time i say goodbye" he whispered.

The next morning, Jimin was in Taehyung's hospital ward. The latter was sitting on the bed staring into space as Jimin sat beside him and grabbed his hand. He flinched but Jimin held on strongly because he knew it was going to be for the last time.

"Hey Taehyung.... it's me" He whispered. Taehyung turned and looked at him through soulless eyes.

"I don't know how to start or what to say or do to make you forgive me. This is all my fault. All these happened because of me. I pushed you into falling for me and eventually ended up failing you. I failed to protect you when you needed me the most. I'm bad news and being with me brought you nothing but trouble"

He grabbed his hand tighter. "I did a lot of terrible things in the past that I regret but never has anything hurt me than the realization that I'll have to leave you forever. Because of me, you paid heavily... you were...."

He couldn't complete the sentence. "This is something I will never be able to forgive myself for. I will take this regret to the grave, till the day I die"

"So It's only right that I leave you. That way, you'll feel safer. You'll recover faster and you'll be able to have a semblance of your life back. Maybe I'll be able to atone for what I did by being far away from you"

"But no matter what happens, I'll always be there, watching you wishing only the best for you. Even if you don't see me, just know that I'll always be with you"

Taehyung remained immovable, his face was blank but a single tear fell down his left eye. His lips moved slightly but no words came out.

"I love you"

That was the last sentence he heard from Jimin's mouth as he slowly slipped his hand away from his, stood up from the bed and walked away, out of Taehyung's life forever.

****
The next morning, Mr and Mrs Kim came running to the hospital after they received an anonymous message concerning Taehyung's health. The doctor in charge of Taehyung led them to his ward and as soon they saw him, they rushed to him, crying profusely.

"I told you didn't I? I told you, you were going to regret choosing that boy over your own family" Mrs Kim wailed.

"Ma'am, please refrain from saying judgemental words in front of the patient" The doctor warned.

"I'm sorry.... I'm sorry" Mrs Kim said.

Mr Kim stared at Taehyung closely. "Doctor, why is he like this?"

"He is suffering from the after effect caused by the sexual assault he experienced. He will take a long time to recover. During this period, he needs lots of care and he should never ever be left alone. Watching over him should be your top priority"

"At this time, he should also be allowed to engage in activities that he finds interesting, to take his mind off the horrible situation he experienced"

"My poor son!" Mrs Kim cried. She wrapped her arms around him. "Mom is sorry. Mom is very sorry. I can't believe you had to go through this...my poor child. I'm so sorry... it's all that Jimin's fault. If you hadn't been with him, these wouldn't have happened"

Mr Kim shook his head sadly watching the scene in front of him. The family took him home the next day. Mrs Kim watched him night and day. She even had to quit her job at the bank in other to take care of Taehyung but Taehyung avoided them. No matter how much they tried, he still drifted away from them refusing their help. He must have still felt hurt over what they did to him and was finding it difficult to forgive them.