#40

Shivaay was going through the presentation of his new Lonavala project for one last time when he sensed someone at the door.

Priyanka was standing in the door frame of Shivaay's room with a smile. She was about to knock when Shivaay's voice made her stop in her tracks.

"Annika." Shivaay said without even looking at the door. "Accha hua tum aa gayi, meri blue file de do na please." ("Good that you came, please hand me my blue file.")

Priyanka giggled quietly and looked around the room.

The blue file was lying right beside Shivaay.

Priyanka walked upto Shivaay and silently picked up the blue file and gave it to Shivaay, who was still staring at his laptop screen.

"Thanks Annika-" Shivaay smiled and looked up to see his baby sister Priyanka staring at him teasingly. "Arey Prinku tum ?" ("Hey Prinku, it's you ?")

"Haan mein." ("Yup, it's me.") Priyanka replied. "Pr mein aapse gussa hu." ("But I'm mad at you.") She announced and turned away from Shivaay with her arms crossed.

"Kyu ?" ("Why so ?") Shivaay frowned.

"Kyu ki mein yeh toh jaanti thi ki Om bhai aur Gauri didi bf-gf hai aur mein yeh bhi jaanti hu ki Rudy bro aur Bhavya di ek dusre se secretly pyaar karte hai." ("I know that Gauri didi and Om bhai are dating and I also know that Ru bro and Bhavya di love each other secretly.") Priyanka counted and then narrowed her eyes at Shivaay. "Lekin mein yeh nahi jaanti thi ki aap aur Annika didi bhi ek dusre se pyaar karte hai." ("But I didn't know that you and Annika di are also in love.")

Shivaay's eyes went wide and he pulled Priyanka down to sit beside him.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai !" ("There's nothing of that sort !") He exclaimed. "Mein aur Annika sirf acche dost hai." ("I and Annika are good friends, that's it.") He clarified.

"Chalo bhi bhaiya." ("Oh c'mon brother.") Priyanka said. "Yeh toh koi chota baccha bhi bata dega ki aap dono ek dusre se pyaar karte hai." ("Even a baby will tell you that you and Annika di love each other.")

"Aisa kuch bhi nahi hai." ("I already told you you're getting it all wrong.") Shivaay repeated. "Aur tum na apna yeh dimaag padhai mein lagao, inn sab faltu ki cheezo mein nahi, alright ?" ("And put your smartness in studies, don't waste your wit in useless stuff, alright ?")

Priyanka pressed her palm against her lips as she laughed silently. She was enjoying teasing her brother.

The more he denied verbally, the more Priyanka believed he loved Annika.

"Waise tum itni raat gaye yaha kya kar rahi thi ?" ("Anyway, what are you doing here at this hour of the night ?") Shivaay asked as he resumed his work.

"Woh mein yaha apko aur Annika bhabhi ko range haath pakadne aayi thi-" ("I had came to catch you and Annika sister-in-law red-handed-") Priyanka replied casually and then bit her tongue when she realised what she had just blurted.

"What ?!" Shivaay yelled.

"I mean... Mein... Mein..." ("I mean...I... Me...") Priyanka stuttered. "Mein yaha apse kehne aayi thi ki... Mera saath ice cream khaane chaliye." ("I had came to say that... Let's go out to eat ice cream.")

Shivaay stared at her with raised eyebrow before saying. "Ice cream fridge mein rakhi hai. Jao jaake le lo yaa fir Shankar kaka se bol do woh de denge." ("Ice cream is in refrigerator. Go and have it or ask Shankar kaka he'll serve it for you.")