#35

Shivaay was sitting alone in his hospital bed, lost in deep thoughts.

Annika had left as soon as Veer had left cause she needed to attend her office, even though Shivaay had offered her a day off.

After great efforts he had managed to convince Om and Arry to go home and take rest as they had been up all night and Rudy to go to college as he had important Maths lecture today.

Nitya insisted on staying with Shivaay and Om left Khanna behind for Shivaay's security as Harshad was still on loose.

Nitya entered the room and saw Shivaay lost in his thoughts.

"Kya soch rahe ho Shivaay ?" ("What are you thinking about Shivaay ?") Nitya asked softly as she sat on the couch placed across from Shivaay's bed.

"Bhabhi, Annika ki jaan ko khatra hai..." ("Bhabhi {Sister-in-law}, there's a danger to Annika's life...") Shivaay blurted out but then he realised what he had said and to cover it up he added. "...aur uski behen ki jaan ko bhi." ("...and to her sister's life too.")

"Jaan ko khatra ?" ("Danger to life ?") Nitya raised an eyebrow.

Shivaay nodded and told her that he had heard Harshad saying that he'll deal with Annika later, before fleeing off.

"That's means he'll come back for Annika sooner or later." Shivaay spoke.

Nitya nodded.

"After all, woh Annika ke liye Delhi se yaha aaya hai aur usey kidnap bhi kar liya." ("After all, Harshad has came here from Delhi for her and had kidnapped her as well.") Nitya agreed.

"Kya mein commissioner se kehke Annika aur uski behen ke liye police protection arrange karwa du ?" ("Shall I tell commissioner to provide Annika and her sister with police protection ?") Shivaay blurted, again.

Nitya glanced at Shivaay and smirked. She knew what was happening...

Shivaay had started thinking about Annika.

He had started caring for her.

He was getting worried for her !

"Ussey accha toh tum Annika aur Bhavya ko ghar pe hi bula lo, agar woh humare sath rehengi toh safe rahengi." ("It'll be better if you just ask her and Bhavya to move in with us, so that they'll be safe.") Nitya suggested with a teasing smile.

"Great idea Bhabhi !" Shivaay cheered with a smile. "Yeh best hai." ("This is best.")

Without a moment due, Shivaay called Khanna and asked him to help Annika in moving into their home and also asked Khanna to tell her that she'll be living with O'bros until police catch Harshad.

"Shivaay..." Nitya's face was littered with amusement. "...I was kidding." She confessed.

"Kidding ? It's an amazing idea Bhabhi." Shivaay grinned. "We've 24 hours of security, they'll be safe with us."

"Ek baat puchu ?" ("Can I ask you something ?") Nitya said slowly, a small smile never leaving her lips.

Shivaay nodded.

"Annika ki itni fikar kyu kar rahe ho tum ?" ("Why are you so worried about Annika ?") Nitya questioned, even though she knew what the answer could be.

Shivaay froze for a moment.

Why was he thinking and caring about her ?

But then he came back to his senses and answered.