#11

A month !

It had been a month since Shivaay was searching for a job and all he got to hear is he is too young to be working.

Not really... He was just a year younger than his classmates and it wasn't certainly his fault that he was smart and got promoted to the next grade before time.

"Bhaiya ! Yaad hai na aj apka result hai ? Jaldi aao." ("Brother ! Remember your result will be announced today ? Come inside.") Om said in anticipation and dragged Shivaay inside the home.

Shivaay had just returned from the broker's office after paying the rent of this month.

Shivaay sighed and looked at Om with a smile.

Shivaay was feeling depressed lately. He didn't know how to manage everything. He was running out of money each passing day. He now had just 9000 rupees in his hand after paying for all the expenses. One more big expense and he wouldn't be left with any money to pay the next rent or to pay for the food.

Om made Shivaay sit on the cot and opened the website where the results were going to be declared.

"Don't worry bhai, you'll do great." Om smiled at Shivaay in assuring manner cause he thought Shivaay was nervous about the result.

Shivaay gave Om a small smile and hugged him.

Om opened the website and filled in the details required. That's when Shivaay saw that Om had his fingers crossed and Shivaay smiled at that.

"Ru kaha hai ?" ("Where is Ru ?") Shivaay asked. He didn't care about results anymore.

What was the use of that result ?

Shivaay knew that he wouldn't be able to enroll himself for further studies cause one, he didn't have enough money and two, he didn't think he could handle studies along with OmRu and job.

"Khelne gaya hai chawl ke bacchon ke sath." ("He's playing with other kids from the chawl.") Om replied nonchalantly without taking his eyes off of the mobile screen. "Ugh !" Om groaned catching Shivaay's attention.

"Kya hua ?" ("What's wrong ?") Shivaay asked while walking into the kitchen to start preparing the lunch.

"Bhai yeh website load nahi ho rahi hai." ("The website is not loading brother.") Om complained with a frown.

"Toh rakh de, baad mein dekh lenge results." ("Then leave it, we'll see the result afterwards.") Shivaay replied.

"Aap excited nahi ho results ke liye ?" ("Ain't you excited to see your score ?") Om amused.

"Kyu excitement hogi mujhe Om ? Woh result ab mere kisi kaam ka nahi hai." ("Why will I be excited Om ? That result is now useless.") Shivaay confessed sadly.

"Kyu kisi kaam ka nahi hai, bhai ? Aapko jo IIT mein admission chahiye woh result ke bina nahi milega." ("Useless ? Bro, how would you get admission in IIT without this result ?") Om said.

"Aur kise chahiye IIT mein admission ?" ("And who wants to get admission in IIT ?") Shivaay turned to Om.

"What are you saying ?" Om said in disbelief. "Apne bachpan se sirf ek hi sapna dekha hai aur woh hai IIT mein graduation degree hasil karke Cambridge University se post graduation karna." ("It had always been your dream to graduate from IIT and then do post graduation from Cambridge University London.") Om recited.

"Sapna hai nahi, sapna tha. Ab mera ek hi sapna hai ki mein tumhe aur Ru ko ek acchi life de saku." ("It was once my dream. Now my only dream is to give you and Ru a good life.") Shivaay blurted out.