Her words trigger an unsettling feeling in my heart. Her pleads for me to embrace the dark side have seemed exceptionally out of character, but now I understand why.

"You're not Padme," I state.

"What are you talking about?" She asks with a slight, unconvincing giggle. "Of course, I'm Padme."

"There's only one person in the galaxy who refers to me as my dear," I declare.

I instantly feel sick to the stomach. Even thinking their name is enough to make me feel every negative emotion possible.

"Palpatine," I growl.

An evil, unrecognisable smirk forms on Padme's elegant features. The sight is startling, and I have no doubt it is enough to wake me from this state of mind. With any luck, I will be out of this dream before he gains a proper hold of my mind.

My eyes quickly open, bringing me back to the painful reality I am to face. While my mind is again active and capable of processing my senses, my body is not yet strong enough for me to move.

I need to stop these torturous, desperate attempts of movement and calm my mind. The tranquillity this peace should bring will be enough for me to regain control of my own mind. The focus will allow me to overpower Obi-Wan's mental attack.

"I am one with the Force and the Force is with me," I mumble.

My body is still weak; completely numb. I no longer know if it's only the mind trick that has caused it. My soul doesn't want to accept the truth. Palpatine has control of Anakin's mind, and due to the connection of our souls, he has a slight grip on mine. 

"I am one with the Force and the Force is with me," I say louder.

I regain feeling in my limbs, which gives me the strength I need to get on my feet. I stand up, ignoring the slight weakness I am still feeling. I need to get to Obi-Wan before something horrible happens. 

I'm not worried about myself; I haven't been since this ordeal started. The thing I'm most worried about now isn't even Obi-Wan; it's my kids. If Palpatine can connect with me, nothing is stopping him from corrupting the minds of my children.

There is no possible way to know the vile man's plans for my family, but it won't be good. I need to find Obi-Wan, I need to bring Anakin back to the light, and we need to get the hell off of this planet.

I run to the location containing the unmistakable clashing of lightsabers. My mind is a mess and I'm fearful of the impact this ordeal is having on my pregnancy, but I must go forward. I can't let anything happen to Obi-Wan.

When I finally get close enough to them to see what's happening, I become consumed with anxiety. Obi-Wan is standing on top of a bank beside the lava river, and Anakin is standing on the low ground. There is no good outcome here, only pain.

"It's over, Anakin!" Obi-Wan shouts. "I have the high ground."

I can sense Obi-Wan's desperation. He wants Anakin to give in; to let all of this go. He doesn't want to fight his brother, and he certainly doesn't want to hurt him.

"You underestimate my power!" Vader responds.

"Don't try it," Obi-Wan pleads.

In a moment of pure instinct, I close my eyes in concentration and raise my hands toward the two. I summon Obi Wan's lightsaber with one hand and use the other to stop Anakin's attack.

Mind tricks do not typically work on Force-users; regardless of if they are Jedi, Sith, or otherwise. To get this to work, one must enter a state of complete focus, determination, and willpower. Given my growing desperation, I doubt this will be too much of an issue for me.