12|| The Necromancer and his Friend

Start from the beginning

"Why do you think you can function without Bad in this world?!"

After many slashed vegetation, tripping over small stones that littered the ground and hopping over trunks, he soon realised that he was indeed lost in the woods, alone. Just when the sun is about to go down. The most unfortunate time ever. Skeppy spun around his heels to go back to the temple only to stop cause he can't find the path he just made, and everything seemed to look similar. It's like the grass has grown back again.

It was dark already, the hair on his arm rose after hearing zombies groan from afar, the bush behind him ruffled making him jump. His heartbeat accelerated in speed, where is his friend? Why did he think leaving his side was a good idea? He started regretting every choice he made as he dived deeper into the forest.

"It's alright Skeppy... let's just climb a tree and hide there" he whispered to himself as an attempt of comfort before pausing and turning to the nearest tree trunk.

He sized it up and down before looking around for an easier way to reach the highest branch without hurting himself. He thanked the Minecraft gods for not giving him the height he has in real life or he'll find it hard to reach the vines that would lead him to a branch high enough that mobs won't disturb or find him.

He grabbed a vine and wrapped his hand with it before pulling hard, testing if it was strong and could handle any weight before attempting to climb up, putting his feet on the dents of the trunk as he started trekking the tree.

Upon hearing the increasing groan behind him, a slight panic-struck through him as he decided to hasten the process of climbing the tree but also made sure to be careful with where he placed his feet. His heartbeat pounded rapidly in his chest as he tried to direct his focus on his actions and not the noises behind him. But at one peculiar sound, he paused, trying to find why it sounded different to the occasional groans of zombies. It was more audible.

"You sons of bitches come 'ere!"

Skeppy knew it wasn't his best friend because the person was cursing like a pirate who's annoyed at its shipmates, the voice sounded familiar making him wonder who it was before deciding to ignore it and continue his business with climbing the tree, trying to ignore the man screaming in the distance.

He was doing so good, he was so proud of himself when he could reach out his hand and the tip of his fingertips could reach the underside of the branch until he heard a sharp swish from his left ear that left him frozen as he felt a slight sting by the shell of his ear, his blood ran cold, eyes frozen and fixated on the curve of the trunk. Did the mobs spot him? But he's high enough for them to pass through.

A shiver ran down his spine at the thought of them seeing him and the possible scenarios that might happen if they did manage to find him, will he die in real life if he died here? He hasn't seen his best friend in person yet, he wasn't ready to go now.

His grip on the vines tightened, his breathing jagged as he tried to regulate it when he heard the same peculiar sound but nearer.

"Hey, dickwad!"

He tensed at that, did the other player find him? He asked himself as he debates with himself whether he should look over his shoulders or continue going up the branch. He felt his fingers tremble as he thought of what he should do if it is indeed another player in this realm. Should he react kindly and follow their orders or should he risk it and try to damage them? He didn't know what to do.

God, why did I leave Bad?!

He regrets as he continues to stare at the wood, chewing on his lower lip when the man spoke once more.