He looked confused before handing me his water quickly, "Oh shit, forgot I get the spicy ones, I'm so sorry"

I gulped down most the water, it calming the burn to a manageable level. I could feel a few tears leave my eye as I sucked in a breath through my teeth before I wiped it, "God damn, it's my fault. I'm the one who orders your food, I just forgot you get your chicken spiced with dried Douglah" I gulped down the rest of the water and wiped the other tears that threatened to spill.

"Your face is so red right now" Hawks chuckled

"How can you stand this stuff"

"I can't taste spice. But I can taste spices if that makes sense. Like the 'hot' flavor you guys describe I can't but the flavors of bitterness and sweet I can" he chomped down on another piece of the fire chicken.

It was peaceful silence as we went back to eating until a odd noise caught my attention. It was a low vibration like noise.

I checked my phone curious thinking it may be on vibrate? That wasn't it. I looked around for the cause before turning to Hawks. Once we locked eyes the sound stopped.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" He coughed into his hand

"It was a weird noise" I try to imitate it to help but he just shrugged focusing on the salad.

I shrug it off until I heard it again. I looked at Hawks checking if he could hear it but he was already looking at me. The sound stopped once again as he took a bite of food.

I finished my meal and was about to leave when Hawks spoke up again, "Im gonna just do a little patrol around the block. More like a stroll. Wanna come?"

"I have work to do, besides I am not really in the proper shoes"

"I think i have some slippers under my desk, you can wear those or my boots?"

"Like I said I have work"

"Please?" He gave a pathetic pout, "Come on kid, just around the block? Then you can come back in and I'll do my patrol"

I couldn't say no to that face. He was too cute for his own good. I gave in. It was just a walk around the block.

It was a nice day. The winter cold finally melted away to a warm spring. Though it was hard to pay attention to the greenery. A very bright red kept grabbing my attention as the pro talked.

"Hawks, are your wings brighter? Or am I just imagining it?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, they do that sometimes...when I clean them and stuff" he stuffed his hands in his pockets looking up to watch the clouds.

"They are just...really pretty" I finally tore my eyes away from his wings to follow his gaze at the sky watching him in my peripherals.

A little smirk played at his lips, "Thanks for noticing"

Pain hit my foot before realising I was falling tripping over a rut in the sidewalk.

A squawk. That is what I heard. Arms met mine pulling me back upright, "Careful, you could hurt yourself"

Hawks held my arms tightly holding me in place. I smile lightly, "Im fine Hawks"

We continued our walk but he stood closer. I could feel one of his wings brush behind me every so often. We were about back to the entrance when I see Yoon leaving.

He smiled seeing me stopping us, "(Y/N) I got the file on your desk. I'm about to go on lunch, wanna join me?"

"Well I-" a shadow suddenly loomed from beside me