Ice Cold

I slipped on my heavy coat, running into the shin-deep snow with boots on. I turned and looked at the open door as Gon put on a light jacket and followed me. "You sure you don't want a heavier coat? It is freezing out here." I asked in a worried tone.

Gon smiled his cheerful smile and responded happily, "Yeah, it'll be fine Kil!"

I smiled back, "Okay, if you're so sure."
Gon picked up a wad of snow and mashed it until it became a solid ball and threw it at me, the cold hitting my face and making me sputter. I picked up a chunk of snow and threw it back at Gon, successfully getting him back in the face. Gon had also successfully hit me with the snow, again.
We continued pelting eachother with snow until I ran a little further out into the snowy lands, taunting Gon playfully that he wouldn't be able to hit me. Of course, he followed me into slightly deeper snow and hit me with snow. Damn that kid has good aim. He tried to throw another at me, but predicting him I dodged and watched the well-made snowball sink into the cold crystally white powder.

With the impact Gon put into the snowball he had fallen into the snow; faceplanting. In worry I rushed over to him and pulled him up. "Thanks Killua!" Gon smiled. "No problem." I replied, looking at his adorable face.
I noticed he was shivering, and worry quickly overwhelmed me. "Hey Gon, you okay? You're shivering."
"Oh, I-I'm fine." He responded, his teeth chattering.
"No, your freezing!" I raised my voice slightly when I felt his face with my bare hand, "We're going back inside."

"Aww, c-c'mon Kil, I-I'm n-not even th-that cold." Gon was shivering more, and I filled with even more worry. "C'mon, if you don't go I'll carry you." I threatened, though it doesn't seem much like a threat. He still refused, so I put my hands under his knees and on his back and picked him up, carrying him bridal style back to the cabin we were staying in. Gon let out a small and quiet yelp of surprise, but he didn't resist as I was holding him which made me blush a little.

I set Gon down on our bed and took off his wet boots, taking mine off after and laying in bed with him. He curled up under the covers facing away from me, and I layed facing him and wrapped my arms around his torso as we drifted off into a peaceful sleep together. Hugging him right up against me, I could hear the gentle beat of his heart before I fully fell asleep.

♡~◇

I woke up to find Gon still in my arms, but my smile faded and face went paler with worry when I took his hand to feel it ice cold. I took his hand in both mine after covering him with most of the blanket, trying to warm him up with tears at the edge of my eyes.

"Gon.. come on, get up, this isn't funny." I whispered into his ear, my lips grazing his cold flesh which made my eyes get more watery. "C'mon, Gon." My vision went blurry with the tears and I gripped his hand tighter, still being gentle as if I would hurt him.
I went around to his face and saw his eyes closed and his mouth partly open, looking as if he were asleep still. I started crying as if my tears would wake him from his cold slumber, and I kept shaking him gently and telling him to wake up and quit joking around.

I gasped as I shot up in my bed, my face sweaty and tears rolling down my cheeks still.
What time is it? Was that just a dream? I thought and noticed Gon wasn't in bed or in the room at all. Had that happened a day ago? The thought came to my mind, and tears welled up in my eyes again before hearing a creeking noise from the hallway.

I looked over at the open door saw Gons silhouette in the doorway, and he walked over to me, who still had fresh tears in his eyes. "Wh-where were you?" I asked, trying not to have my voice sound shaky. Gon smiled and sat next to me, "I woke up and went to the bathroom and when I came back you kept rolling around on the bed, so I thought it'd be best not to disturb you." He spoke softly, making me want him to keep talking.

I paused for a few seconds to decide what to say, and while that Gon wiped the tears from my cheeks. "Have a bad dream?" He asked soothingly, to which I nodded to. What came next was an utter surprise, and I had no time to prepare for it.

Gon had gently pressed his lips against mine, making my heart pound like crazy. I slowly returned the gesture, feeling more comforted by my kind, loving, green haired friend.