012

I walk into Sam and Dean's motel room as I dry my blonde hair with one of the white bath towels.

"Did you find anything while I was in the shower?" I ask Sam. I glance over at Dean watching him sniff his clothes and shrug before throwing them on the bed. I roll my eyes at the sight.

It's like dealing with a teenager.

"Yeah, so there's the three drowning victims this year." Sam starts.

"Which we already know about. What about before that?" I ask, looking back over to Sam.

"Six more, spread out over the past 35 years. Those bodies were never recovered, either."

"And, for some reason, the body count is suddenly spiking." I point out.

"If there is anything out there, it's picking up its pace." Sam keeps his focus on his laptop.

"So we got a lake monster on a binge?" Dean questions.

"This whole lake monster theory... it just bugs me." Sam shakes his head.

"Why?" Dean asks, walking towards Sam. I throw my towel on one of the beds and move to stand next to Dean.

"Loch Ness, Lake Champlain...there are literally hundreds of eyewitness accounts, but here, almost nothing." Sam explains.

"Whatever it is out there, no one's living to talk about it." Sam sighs. I lean closer towards the article links Sam pulled up when one of the victims stuck out to me.

"Wait, Christopher Bar? Wasn't Andres's last name Bar?" I ask, narrowing my eyes slightly. Sam clicks on the article and a picture of Lucas
wrapped in a towel covered most of the page. The headline read:

'Local Man in Tragic Accident'

"Oh. Christopher Bar was Andrea's husband—Lucas' father." Sam says once he skimmed through the article.

"Apparently, he took Lucas out swimming. Lucas was on a floating wooden platform when Chris drowned two hours before the kid got rescued." Sam reads. He enlarges the photo and I stare at Lucas' scared face with overwhelming sadness.

"Maybe we have an eyewitness after all." Sam scratches his head.

"The poor kid, it explains why he seemed so scared and quiet. I mean it's only been like five months or so since Chris died, right?" I shake my head.

"It's not easy getting over a family member's death, especially when you witnessed it." I sigh, walking over towards the bed and sitting on it.

"You sound like you're speaking from experience." Dean looks at me. I stare at him for a minute before taking a deep breath and looking at Sam.

"So, what now?"

"Now we talk to Lucas." I nod in agreement.

"Andrea said they'd be at the park after three." I tell them as I look to the clock and see it's about 3:10.

"Well then, let's go." Dean grabs his keys.

It wasn't hard to find the park. There were only two in the area and we found Andrea at the first one we went to. I watch all the children run around on the playground with an envious look as we walk up to Andrea.

"Can we join you?" Sam speaks up, grabbing Andrea's attention. I smile at her in greeting.

"I'm here with my son." She tries to decline politely.