Stay

'It's late, and my kid- hey what's wrong?' He said looking down at me surprised.

'I was trying to walk home but this man was harassing me and wouldn't let me go.' I was partially distracted by the wet hair and no shirt and the slipping sweats that showcased his muscular chest.

'Are you alright? Do you know who it was? I thought you were going to take a cab? Come in side.' I nodded and stepped in past him.

'I'm okay, I just didn't like the feeling of the situation so I ran away, the man was drunk.'

'Do you know who it was?' He asked following me as I walked into the lounge.

'Yes, but I don't really want to get him into a lot of trouble.'

'What do you mean?' He asked and I saw the microwave going, I'd made spaghetti and meatballs for myself and his dinner tonight.

'Well, he works in your department.' This caught his attention and he looked at me with no emotion or tells.

'Who was it?' His voice was deep but not too off putting.

'T-the tall man, the detective from outside your office.'

'I'll sort it out in the morning, for now, you can just stay in the spare room tonight.'

Nothing more was said of it and I went to the spare room, Theo got me a spare pair of sweatpants which I thanked him for before saying a quick goodnight and going to sleep. I woke up to a loud banging on the door and rushed out quickly. Theo ripped the door open, gun hidden behind his thigh and stared down a furious looking Jason.

'Where the fuck is Noah?'

'Jason, I'm here, what's wrong?' I said moving past Theo who looked beyond annoyed.

'What's wrong? I've been calling your phone all night, with no answer and you were supposed to message me when you got home which you didn't, I've been worried all night, your mum didn't even know where you were. What the fuck happened?'

'Please, don't yell so loud you'll wake the baby.' I said pushing him back so we were in the hallway.

'Do I sound like I'm worried about some daft-'

'Jason.' I said sternly and he stopped the cuss he was about to say. 'I was on my way home when someone stopped me, I had a hard time with them and ended up just running back here. My phone died and I forgot to message you beforehand. Mum would have known where I was.'

'Noah, you alright?' Theo asked walking out and looking between the two of us.

'He's fine, would you mind? We're trying to sort out some things.'

'I'm fine, I'll be in to sort Jake out soon.'

'I'm just inside if you need me.' He gave Jason a bit of a death glare before walking back inside.

'What? Your boss doesn't trust me, have you been talking shit about me?' I looked at him utterly shocked.

'Jason-'

'Nah, fuck this, I'm over having to work around your boss. I'm not dating him, and you know what now I'm not dating you either.'

'Jason!' I called but he just stormed away.

'Everything alright?' Harm asked and I looked up at him as I closed the door and stood still in the living room.

'I just got dumped.' I said a little shocked.

'You alright?' He asked walking around from the kitchen.

'I...' Tears started falling. I don't understand, all that work I put in for him...

'Come here kid.' He said pulling me to his chest and I gripped the back of his shirt tightly.

'I put so much effort in, I know it was hard but, he just...'

'Don't worry yourself about it.' He said holding tightly. 'You're too good for someone who's going to act like that.' He said and I nodded. His phone went and Jake started crying, we pulled away and I went in and got Jake, but not before wiping my face and taking a deep breath.

'Good morning Akachan. You alright baby?' He slowly stopped crying and cuddled into me as I walked back out. Harm was still whispering on the phone while I sorted out a bottle for Jake. Harm went into his room for a few minutes while I fed Jake before coming back out in his suit, phone still attached to his ear. He said goodbye to who ever was on the end of the line before putting the phone away.

'Hey my little man.' He said taking Jake from me and giving him a cuddle before handing him back and going to the coffee machine. 'I've got to head into work early, what are you plans for today?' He asked while he poured coffee into his travel mug.

'I thought maybe we might go to the park or the zoo, maybe the zoo is a bit too old for him yet. Something nice for the both of us today.' I smiled at Theo sadly.

'I think the park's a good idea.' He smiled back.

'Yeah, might see if Jess and Harrison want to meet us, what do you say? Want to see Harrison?' I cooed to Jake who babbled along and I put him down in his circle of toys in front of the tv.

'Come by the station after you're done at the park.' He said pulling me to his side, 'Have a good time, don't let nothing get you down.' He whispered kissing my temple before walking out. I felt my face burn and I smiled as I went back and sorted out my own breakfast before getting Jake change and changing into my clothes from yesterday. I called Jess and she was happy to meet me with Harrison. They were another baby and nanny couple we met in the park the other day and Harrison and Jake seemed to get on really well for babies that is.

'Hey!' She called and I smiled walking over to her, Jake in his pram happily playing with his toys, I parked him next to Harrison's stroller and sat down relieved as she passed me a hot chocolate.

We had a good talk in the park and we were walking through the park when Jason walked up in his suit.

'Noah, I wanna talk with you.' He said grabbing my arm and I pulled away.

'I'm at work, please go away.' I said quietly.

'No, I need to talk to you now.' I sighed out and asked if Jess could watch Jake for a moment before Jason dragged me away.

'What do you want?' I asked and he gripped my arm tightly.

'Don't speak to me like that, I'm not your precious boss.'

'Jason, you're hurting my arm, let me go.' But he just tightened his grip on my arm. 'What do you want.'

'How long you been stringing me along?'

'What are you talking about?' I asked trying to move out of his grip.

'How long you been fucking that boss of yours?'

'I haven't, what are you talking about?'

'You trying to make a fool out of me.' He yelled and let go of my arm, only to hit me in the face, it felt like needles were being sprayed across my face as I fell to the floor. 'Don't ever think you can make a fool out of me!' He yelled before storming off and I slowly picked myself up as Jess pushed the two strollers over.

'Are you alright? Do you want me to call the police?'

'No, it's alright. We're on our way to see daddy aren't we?' I cooed picking Jake up out of the pram.