Chapter 1: Broken

3rd POV:

Izuku Midoriya was many things but he never thought he was fully broken. He knew he was damaged due to all of the physical bullying and verbal insults that were thrown his way but he didn't think he was broken. He also knew he was damaged when his father left at the age of four to go overseas but Izuku knew that it was to get away from him. Izuku was awake that night when he heard his parents arguing about it. He also knew how his mother looked at him like he was some broken piece of glass that needed to be carefully handled. Izuku hated that... He hated how she didn't want him doing things just because he was quirkless. However, he still lived her even if she pitied him and was damaging his mental health just as much as everyone else was. She still provided a roof over his head and fed him. That was all he could really ask from his mother and he withstood the twisted 'love' that she gave him even if it was damaging his mental health. However, Izuku knew that one day he would finally snap and break because his will was being bent so far that he wasn't surprised when it happened. He wasn't surprised to find himself on the edge of a roof. He was surprised at who caused him to finally break. Let's rewind a bit to see how Izuku found himself on the edge of this rooftop. 

Izuku said goodbye to his mother in the morning and she told him to be careful to not anger anyone. That always rubbed him wrong... she was more or less blaming everything on him just because he was quirkless and that he deserved it since he somehow angered the other person. Izuku just smiled and nodded his head as he left. He had a small breakfast since he knew and learned long ago to not eat too much since he would throw it up. This resulted in him being shorter than the other people in his age range. Izuku always hated that fact but had to live with it. Soon though he arrived at his school and took in a breath and pushed onwards to his classroom. He hated coming to school... even though he was far past all of his fellow classmates he had to act dumber due to them getting worst in their treatment of him whenever he would show off his intelligence. Izuku was sure he was at a college level or higher intelligence but had no way of ever confirming it since he couldn't take any tests to prove it. He remembered once when he had gotten a perfect score on a test once... the teacher gave him a zero and accused him of cheating since the quirkless kid could never achieve such a score. His mother was called that day as well and he was reprimanded for it and she just scolded him for cheating. She didn't even believe him when he tried to defend himself and told him to not lie to her. After that day, Izuku learned to keep his intelligence sheltered under a disguise of falsehood. 

The day was going quite well. Far too well in Izuku's opinion. So well, that Izuku was on edge and waiting for the other shoe to drop since he never has such a nice day! Izuku was right in the fact that the other shoe would indeed drop and very soon as the day was coming to an end their teacher had come in to announce the career results on where they all wanted to go to in the future. You see Izuku still hasn't given up his desire to be a hero, he wanted to save people and make them smile! However, that would doom him today as the teacher sneered at him and announced the results of what people put and he mentioned what Iuzku had put which set Bakugo off. Bakugo leaned back and blew Izuku's desk up a bit causing Izuku to fall backward onto the ground. Bakugo was yelling at Izuku for trying to get in his way and that he didn't deserve to go to UA since he was quirkless. Izuku tried to argue back that they got rid of the quirkless rule long ago but Bakugo wasn't having any of it. Soon the class passed and Izuku was left with Bakugo and a few of his followers. 

Bakugo walked up to Izuku and grabbed his shoulder and used his quirk to burn the uniform and Izuku's shoulder leaving burn marks on Izuku's skin. 'Another scar to add to the collection.' Izuku thought as he had all of his scars memorized in a heartbeat. His mother knew of some of the wounds he had and always thought it was because Izuku was playing too rough or that boys will be boys... Izuku hated it but he would rather live with the screwed-up love he gets from his mother than being in the orphanage where he knew death was only a heartbeat away. As Bakugo grabbed Izuku's notebook and blew it up with his quirk a bit, he threw it out the window which only made a pit in Izuku's heart since he put so much work into those notebooks. Bakugo went to the classroom door and looked back. "You know, if you want a quirk so badly there is a way to get it," Bakugo stated and Izuku looked up at him confused since he found no way. "Go up to the roof and take a swan dive and pray for a quirk in your next life!" Bakugo said with a laugh and Izuku's eyes widened. It hurt so much... he always got the spider lily on his desk which was basically telling him to kill himself but this was the first time someone verbalized it to him. Bakugo glared at Izuku when it looked like he was about to say anything and then he laughed when Izuku backed down.