"thats true... originally supposed to be nine weeks"

"come on, either way it wouldve been hell, but look at us now" i told her.

we walked over to the common area and talked some more until everyone was dismissed to first period.

this time i sat next to bri, braiding her hair. miss garcias walked in, her eyes landed directly on me. it was kind intimidating. "tomlinson come here please"

i nodded. "hold this" i told briana, she grabbed her semi-braided hair as i got up.

"im proud of you" she commented "except for when you relapsed. but good job"

i stiffen at her words.

im still fucking struggling... isnt relapsing apart of recovery? she realizes her words have a major impact on people right?? those very words could get people to relapse...

"uhm..." i contemplated going off on her. "thanks"

"you okay? what did she want?" bri looked at me with worried as i sat back down and continued to braid her hair.

"she said she was proud.. uhm except when i relapsed once-"

"WH- what?" bri almost screamed.

i nodded my head starting the second braid. "louis thats fucked" i nodded my head again. "im going off"

"bri" i spoke.

"no i dont care, its wrong. louis you know its wrong! she cant just say that shit- its all..." she stopped speaking, i guess gathering her thoughts.

i finished up her second brain, admiring my work. two dutch braid. im pretty god at doing hair since i helped raise four younger sister.

not even a minute after i was done she stood up from her chair and walked over to out teacher. everyones eyes turned to them.

"miss jungwirth please have a seat class is starting"

"no" she crossed her arms looking miss garcias up and down.

our teacher was a little taken back. "what do yo-"

"except for when you relapsed? really? you should be proud of him and everyone else no matter if they fall back. because YOU and every other adult here are helping us recover. YOU cant go around saying you are proud of us except when we fall back. we fall back because its a struggle, its a struggle to get out if this mindset right away. its hard! those words you used could quite literally make someone relapse. YOU should fucking know better."

the entire room had a heavy air too it. it was usually so happy... there were scattered claps and cheers across the room.

miss garcias didnt even respond. she simply nodded and turned back to the board to finish writing todays lessons. history, maths, snack and group therapy, english, lunch, geography.

briana came skipping back to her seat, very happy with what she had done. she stood behind my chair, wrapping her arms around my neck. "dont listen to her, im proud of you. so is that boyfriend of yours"