isac 2019 - new year special (part 1)

A/N: The first chapter of my True Beauty story will be released soon, who's excited?! ^.^

You really enjoyed attending the Idol Star Athletics Championships for the very first time last year, so you had been really looking forward to participating in the event once again. Not only did it give you the chance to take part in the sports you love but haven't had time for, you also really enjoyed spending time with some of your idol friends who you haven't seen for a while.

Your tracksuits were purple this time, and you paired it with some white trainers. Your hair was straightened and left out, and you were wearing a silver necklace and some hooped earrings to complete the look. You also wore your wrist support this time, which the boys convinced you to wear. They didn't want a repeat of last year, so they thought it would be better if you wore it before your hand caused you any further issues rather than putting it on too late. You didn't want to worry the fans by wearing your bandage for the entire day, but you eventually agreed because you knew the boys were right and that it would probably be better to wear it right from the start.

The first event of the day was the female 60m track and field race, which you were participating in once again. Since you had, much to your surprise, managed to win and get the gold medal last time, you were encouraged to participate for a second time. Your record in the preliminaries was slightly faster than the time you had last year, because you were in a much better condition. The event was right at the start of the day so you still had a lot energy, and since you hadn't put any strain on your hand yet it wasn't bothering you as much as it would've done if you had taken part later on in the day. Just before walking off to participate in the finals Minho quickly grabbed your hand to massage your wrist, in the hopes that it would prevent it from bothering you during the race. The pain had really thrown you off last year, so you were just hoping it wouldn't distract you too much again.

Since you won the gold in the previous ISACs, everyone was keeping an eye out for you this time - unlike last year. It had been your first appearance, so nobody really knew how fast you were and therefore didn't pay much attention to you. However, after shocking everyone by taking first place easily - despite being the youngest and significantly shorter than most of the other idols participating - you had gained a lot of popularity, and people were definitely watching you this time.

You were standing in the centre lane just preparing yourself for the race by stretching a little, while you listened to the commentators who were giving their thoughts about the race. Sana, who was one of the MCs for the day, mentioned that she thought you would win which made you grin and throw a little finger heart to where she was sitting. The other commentator placed his bets on Nakyung instead; they believed that if she hadn't been disqualified last time it's very likely that she probably could've beaten you. Both your members and the TWICE members began smirking when they heard that though, because they knew very well that it was a complete lie since you managed to get well ahead of everyone when you ran last year.
We'll see about that then, they all thought to themselves, while you just continued to smile innocently at the camera.

When the race actually started you had a bit of a slow start, but you quickly caught up to the other participants and managed to regain the first place right near the end of the race. You won the gold medal with a record of 9.11s, which was faster than your time last year. You turned around and were instantly engulfed in a hug from your members, and when you noticed the camera you smiled and waved cutely. Jisung ended up being the one to give you your gold medal, and when he did so he brought you into another hug before the two of you smiled and posed in front of the camera for some photos. The male 60m track and field race followed on shortly after that, which Chan participated in. Unfortunately he didn't get a medal, but you all cheered for him and the other participants regardless.

Next up was bowling which took place indoors, so the idols who weren't participating were all sitting outside either resting or interacting with their fans. You were sitting with your members on the floor, the TWICE members sitting nearby. After greeting them and talking to them for a while, you went back to sit with your members and lean your head against Changbin's shoulder. You didn't notice the group of boys who were walking over to your group because you had fallen asleep for a few moments, the boredom causing you to become a little tired.

You were woken by a finger poking your cheek, and when you opened your eyes in confusion you saw Kevin sitting in front of you with a smile on his face. He was poking your dimple while waiting for you to wake up, and you just threw him a dazed smile before sitting up and turning around to greet the rest of The Boyz who were now sat behind your group. When you made eye contact with Changmin he smiled and tapped your nose lightly in greeting. You scrunched your nose cutely in response, causing his grin to widen - an action which melted your heart - and his other members to coo at your cute action. Your tiredness quickly went away, and you just spent a while playing silly games and clapping your hands with Kevin to keep yourselves busy while waiting for the next event to start.

You spent a while just chilling and conversing with The Boyz and your own members, occasionally getting up to interact with your fans, before the staff motioned for all of the idols who were sat on the floor to move to the seats to the side of the arena since the next event would be commencing soon. You all grabbed your things before walking over to the seating area, noticing the TWICE and NCT members who were sat right near your designated seats. You squealed before skipping over to them, climbing over the gate quickly and hugging Mina happily. She moved into a more comfortable position with her arms around your shoulders and yours wrapped around her waist as you snuggled into her side happily. You used the opportunity to greet the other TWICE members and the NCT members who were sitting to the side of you, and they all happily conversed with you for a while.

Your boys started walking over at this point, laughing when they saw you already cuddling with the TWICE members. They walked around to head to their seats from the side of the aisle, but Jisung, being too lazy to walk around, decided to just climb over the railing.
"Oppa, why can't you just be normal?" you whined, acting as if you hadn't just done the exact same thing a few minutes before. You covered your face in embarrassment as he climbed over, the TWICE members laughing at your reaction.

The next event, which was female archery, started shortly after you all found your seats. The first round was between Red Velvet and TWICE, and so continued the never-ending saga of you having to cheer for both sides since they're both close friends of yours. You were standing up and cheering for most of the event, excitedly shaking a TWICE lightstick around which Nayeon had given to you. When Dahyun got a low score on her first shot, you jumped up and down a few times before calling out for her.

"Unnie, push your hair back!" you screamed loudly, cupping your hands around your mouth to amplify your voice as much as possible. This caught the attention of a few idol groups nearby, and soon they were all trying to gain Dahyun's attention to tell her about her hair being in the way. When the commentators said the same thing a few minutes later, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu finally realised and helped her move her hair out of the way so it wouldn't hinder her next shot. They threw you little finger heart, which you responded with a huge grin and heart of your own.

When her next shot ended up being a lot better, you just smirked before sitting back down in your seat proudly. TWICE ended up winning that round and making it to the finals, and when they were about to start you warned Dahyun about her hair once again which made everyone laugh.

When it was Tzuyu's turn the camera zoomed in on her face, causing the entire arena to collectively sigh at her beauty. TWICE didn't win in the end but it was still a really enjoyable event for everyone. Male archery followed on shortly after, during which you just chilled with your members to the side and interacted with your fans. Lunch time was next, and you ate some of the snacks the boys brought for you, after having learnt their lesson from last time. Being such a picky eater made lunch time really difficult, so the boys opted to bring some snacks for you to eat instead.