Chapter 2

After Elaine's maids had finished dressing her, she was unsure of what to do with herself.

While she was upset, she was also traumatized by these turn of events. After accepting that she was going to end her life, it felt awful to still be in the same spot she tried to run away from.

Elaine decided that she would leave the room and observe. She had never been observant in the past, too focused on pleasing everyone else. It was only fair to end that kind of time wasting hobby.

Elaine walked out of her room, ignoring every maid that ran past her. She was met with some odd glances, and even some frowns here and there. It was most likely because Elaine didn't bother to greet them as she usually did.

Why bother speaking to people who did not respect her?

She had almost made it to the garden when she was suddenly knocked off her feet. Immediately looking up to see what happened, she was met with someone's glare. His aura was deadly as he looked down at her, looking as if he was seeing garbage on the ground.

It was her brother, Elion.

Elaine tried to calm her heart, having not been prepared to face someone from her family so soon. She took a deep breath, helping herself stand as she knew her brother would not dare lend a hand.

"Have you still not learned how to stay out of everyone's way?" Her brother sneered.

Elaine simply flinched, used to the disgust from him but still hurt nonetheless. How unfair did her life have to be for people to bump into her and make it her fault?

Elion scoffed and continued. "So now you're mute? What a great surprise."

Elaine bowed, ignoring her brothers attitude. While she would of loved to argue and hurt him however she could, he was still her older brother.

"I apologize. I was not paying attention." Elaine sighed. "If you'll excuse me."

She started walking past him, even accidentally bumping shoulders with him. Elaine however, was so tired that she didn't realize and kept on walking.

She didn't notice the confused look on Elion's face either. Of course, she probably wouldn't of cared if she did notice.

Slowly, but surely, the love she had attached to her brother was letting go. She no longer wanted to love people who couldn't do the same.

The invisible familial string she tied her family to was not long enough to keep everyone together. The string was breaking apart.

Elaine no longer cared.

As she sat down next to the roses, not caring that her appearance was not ladylike, she couldn't help but cry.

She wanted to be angry at the world for allowing her to go back in time. She wanted to be angry at her family for being the way they were, so cruel and wrong. She wanted to be angry.

Unfortunately, angry wasn't in Elaine's nature. She had always been soft-hearted, sensitive to the people around her. She couldn't understand why she had to stay alive, why she had to suffer again and again.

It took a while before Elaine came to a conclusion. After crying for so long, she realized that maybe she was sent back for a reason. Maybe she was forced to relive her pain because she was meant to change things, not run away.

This would be the last time she would let herself be affected. Feeling sorry for herself was too pitiful, and Elaine no longer wanted to feel hurt.

She wanted to live her life happily, and so it was time to become a person that didn't need anyone. It was time to change.