12- Stay the weekend with me

Hugo bought Mercedes a drink, danced one dance with her, and while Mercedes was saying goodnight to Alona, he grabbed Cassidy and hurried out the door. The last thing he wanted was for a female or even Tanner to walk up to him and ruin his night with Mercedes. He and Cassidy stood outside the door, waiting for Mercedes to walk out, and as they stood talking, a woman walked over to him and put her arm around his waist.

"Hello, HB. It's been a few months since you called and asked to come over. Did I say something to scare you away?"

Panic set in. Here he was waiting for Mercedes, and Cassidy was standing right next to him, listening to everything this woman was saying. Wishing she would leave, he mockingly laughed, waved his head while removing her arm off him, and then he stepped away from her.

The woman looked at Cassidy and frowned while pointing at her. "Is she the reason why you haven't called?"

"Nope. I've been busy," he nervously said, looking over her shoulder and hoping for Mercedes to stay inside for a couple more minutes.

Cassidy's brows arched high; she smiled, then giggled as she looked from the woman to Hugo, and then back to the woman pointing back and forth between him and her. "We're not an item. He's my husband's cousin."

The woman stepped a couple of steps closer to Hugo and invaded his space. She twirled her hair in her finger and talked as sexy as she could. Hoping he would take the bait. "I'm not doing anything later tonight. How about you call me when you're done doing whatever you're doing with your cousin's wife? You know I can make your night so much better," she said, batting her eyelashes.

"I've got other plans, Alexa," he growled.

"It's Alexandra. And that's too bad... I thought our time together was the best we've ever had. Well, you've got my number. Call me. I'll be waiting for you... naked," she widely smiled.

Hugo let out a huge breath of relief when she walked away, and then an even bigger breath exited his mouth when he saw Mercedes walking out the door. He quickly walked over and slithered his arm around her. "Let's get out of here," he said, looking behind him.

"I'm ready to go too. My kids are probably giving Nathanial a hard time."

"It's eleven at night! Shouldn't they be in bed?" Hugo asked, surprised as they headed to his vehicle.

"Yeah. That's what I'm saying. The kids feel if I'm not around, they can overstep Nathanial. And he's such a sucker for them that he'll keep them up until I get home."

When they approached Hugo's vehicle, his driver opened the back door for them. "Thank you, Marty."

"You're welcome, sir."

"Drop Cassidy off, and then I'll let you know where to go afterward."

Cassidy eyed Mercedes as she sat across from her. Then her eyes shot over to Hugo. "So, now that we're somewhere where we can actually hear, can you explain to me who you've taken a liking to again? I had a hard time hearing in that nightclub."

Hugo rested his hand on Mercedes's thigh and looked at her with a smile. "This is Sadie. The woman I've been telling you about."

Cassidy looked at Mercedes and smiled. "I saw what happened earlier, and I'm sorry you thought he and I were out on a date."

"It's okay. Hugo explained to me what the two of you were up to," Mercedes replied quietly, unsure of how to take the look Cassidy was giving her. "I'm just sorry I got Tanner involved."

Cassidy giggled, then quickly covered her mouth the harder she laughed. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh. But those two have been fighting for as long as I've known them. The funny part is that Tanner is gay. So why HB gets bent out of shape the way he does, makes me laugh."