Chapter 312: Suicide Attack

"Heretic practitioners!" Someone shouted out. The disciples who had just escaped death by an inch earlier, were instantly thrown into panic once more. There were even disciples who flew on their swords in the direction away from the mountain, but were blocked by the Great Mountain Barrier Formation, unable to leave. The formation that could block foreign enemies in the past, was now a cage trapping them within.

"Calm down!" A loud roar resounded. Immediately after, a Nascent Soul pressure was released, silencing the disciples from various sects.

The person who called out was Qu Ying. Presently, his heart was filled with panic as well. Though the enemies were similarly Nascent Soul practitioners, he could not fight off dozens of them after all. There were only three Nascent Soul Elders who remained in the sect, and they were basically not their match. If the place were to grow even more hectic, then it would be disadvantageous for them. Thus, he had no choice but to do his best and lead the disciples far away from the Main Peak, towards a secluded mountain farthest away.

The dozens of Nascent Soul practitioners watched this entire situation unfold with expressionless faces. When that teleportation formation finally disappeared, as though they had suddenly received some sort of order, they began to throw attacks at the crowd.

Qu Ying's expression paled. He immediately brought up a barrier to protect the crowd of disciples behind him. He had thought that these Nascent Soul practitioners were aiming for Skybond Peak. Never did he expect that they would first initiate attacks on them.

The other two Elders reacted as well, as they raised their hands to support the barrier.

"Hurry, inform Sect Master and the Sovereigns." Qu Ying turned his head and instructed a disciple.

That disciple had a panicked look as he pulled out a voice transmission talisman with trembling hands. However, no matter how he cast the art, the runes on the talisman would not light up. "Elder, the voice transmission talisman... is ineffective. It can't connect to Sect Master."

"Then head out and chase them back here."

"But... the Great Mountain Barrier Formation has already activated. We can't get out at all."

Qu Ying's expression was deathly pale, and only then did he realize that the sects had tricked. They had done well in luring the tiger out of the mountain. Most likely, these heretic practitioners had long planned on taking down Ness Cesary Sect. Taking the opportunity while the crowd was present at the tournament, they intentionally first made a commotion in the faraway Office Shell Sect, luring them over to provide aid. Once all of the powerful practitioners had left, they then initiated their attack. Furthermore, they had long cut off all of their escape paths.

Qu Ying gritted his teeth so forcefully that they cracked. The heretic practitioners sure had ambitions of wolves. Presently, this place was filled with elites from the various clans and sects. All of the seedlings with great aptitudes were gathered right here. As long as these disciples were killed, the various sects would definitely have a lack of successors, and their decay would be inevitable. Furthermore, now that they had lost the protection of the powerful practitioners, these disciples who had cultivation levels below Azoth Core did not have any strength to retaliate at all.

It was no wonder these heretic practitioners did not charge towards Skybond Peak right as they appeared, but instead, headed directly towards the crowd of disciples. As long as they were to kill these disciples, it would be akin to destroying all of the sects in the cultivation world.

Because he understood all of these in an instant, his will to stop them from succeeding grew even further. He desperately maintained the barrier, protecting the people within. As for those who did make it into the barrier in time however, he was powerless to help them. He could only watch on as the heretic practitioners massacred them.