Chapter 246: Sword Seeking Convention

"Sect Master Li, I wonder which sect you believe Sword Seeking Peak should be managed by?" Wen Yu intentionally said.

When that person heard this, he thought that Wen Yu had already agreed to hand over Sword Seeking Peak, and his smile instantly grew even more complacent. "Sect Master Wen, in the present cultivation world, Clearflower Sect has the strongest capabilities. Furthermore, Sect Master Zhao of Clearflower Sect even possesses late stage Nascent Soul cultivation. It is more appropriate for Clearflower Sect to manage it."

Wen Yu looked towards Zhao Yiyang, Clearflower Sect Master, who was keeping silent at the side. "Sect Master Zhao, you too believe that Sword Seeking Peek should be handed over to Clearflower Sect?"

Zhao Yiyang smiled, and said with a gentle voice. "If the various sects have faith in this lowly one, and believes that Clearflower Sect is able to take up this responsibility, then this Zhao naturally take up this duty."

With his modest appearance, the rest of the sects felt even firmer in their decision, as they gave him their confident looks one after another.

Wen Yu however grew even more furious. Clearly, Clearflower Sect had already discussed with the other sects, and was merely using the Sword Seeking Conference as an excuse to bring it up, pushing him to the point where he had no choice but to agree. If it was before, he really would not have any ideas on how he should refute this, and would have no choice but to agree under pressure. But now...

He let out a cold laugh. The more furious he was, the calmer his expression became. "Sect Master Zhao made a great point. Such an important place like Sword Seeking Peak, indeed requires sufficient strength to safeguard it. Otherwise, it will be extremely easy to fall for the schemes of heretic practitioners and 'lowly people'." He especially emphasized on the two words 'lowly people'. Sweeping a glance at the people present, all he could see were unfazed looks. The scorn in the depths of his heart grew.

"Sect Master Wen, please feel at ease!" Though Zhao Yiyang carried a serious expression, as he spoke. "Our sect will safeguard this Sword Seeking Peak with all of our might."

"I naturally have faith in Sect Master Zhao's strength, but..." Wen Yu's tone changed, and he now carried a complicated look.

"If Sect Master Wen has any concerns, please feel free to say it outright."

"To tell you the truth, a few days ago, a senior from our sect has suddenly come out of closed-door training after many years of isolation. Furthermore, she's extremely proficient in the arts of refining artifacts, and she wishes to refine a weapon that suits her." Wen Yu sighed. "I saw that she has extraordinary aptitude, and I did not wish to miss out on her talent, so I handed over the key to open the formation core of Sword Seeking Peak to her. Presently, Sword Seeking Peak is still under her management, if Sect Master Zhao truly wishes to take over the worries of our sect, then you would have to first seek her permission."

Zhao Yiyang frowned. This was clearly Wen Yu trying to evade the matter. Anger unconsciously swelled within him.

The supportive Sect Masters from the various sects could not endure it any longer either, as they stood up one after another and censured him.

"Who is she? Call her out here now. We will speak with her then."

"That's right! This Sword Seeking Peak opens only once every ten years, why does she have to be first to enter?"

"Even if she's a disciple of Forgotten God Palace, you can't be this easy-going, right?"

"Simply get her out here and hand over the key face-to-face. How can Sword Seeking Peak be handed over to some random person?"