Chapter 285: Where's the Trust Between Humans and Peas?

Zhu Yao raised her head to take a look. As expected, a spot of light appeared in front of them, and it was growing even brighter. Zhu Yao was ecstatic. Could that be the exit? Just as she was about to head over to take a look, that ray of light suddenly split into two. Furthermore, they were closing in... closing in... emitting out a faint green glow.

Eh? Why did she feel that these two rays of light were like two eyeballs?

The hell, they really were eyeballs! Only after approaching did she realize what light it was. It was clearly a gigantic caterpillar, a gigantic caterpillar blocking the entire pathway.

"Run!" Zhu Yao grabbed onto a wonderful youth on each hand, and then wildly sprinted in the direction they came from.

That caterpillar seemed to have already discovered them, and was actually chasing in their direction. As it chased, it leaked out slimy, sliding sounds. It closed in pretty quickly, and in just a few moments, there were merely only a few meters between them.

The hell, this caterpillar must have mutated, right? I have never seen a caterpillar that can run so quickly!

Zhu Yao had no choice but to circulate her spiritual energy to release a wind-type mystic art to aid in their sprinting. They made countless turns wanting to throw it off, however that caterpillar seemed to have marked them, as no matter where they turned, it could precisely find the direction they turned to. As it chased after them, it let out a roar and its entire head began to split apart, revealing a dark hole. Its surroundings were filled with round teeth which stretched all the way into its innards. A bad stench instantly suffused into the air of the entire passageway, and a green liquid was even filling the entire ground.

The hell, she must had been transferred to a horror film, and not a xianxia world! This was too much, wasn't it!?

"Grandma, just what in the world is that?" Little tyrant was flustered as well. Turning his head around to take a look, his expression turned deathly pale.

"I don't know either." That caterpillar had neither spiritual energy nor demonic energy. It was not a demon nor was it even a beast, as if it was merely a pure overgrown caterpillar! "It doesn't matter. Hurry and run! Run as fast as you can!"

That caterpillar approached even closer, and just as that gigantic mouth was but a few meters away from them, Zhu Yao no longer had any choice. "Fly on your swords!"

As she shouted out loud, she summoned her own sword and cast a wind-type defensive formation with a flip of her hand, temporarily stopping that caterpillar. Then, she placed down a barrier around her before standing on the flying sword.

The two of them reacted at the same time as well, as they immediately got onto their swords and placed down barriers of their own. The path here was too narrow, so it was indeed really difficult to navigate with their swords. However, with a barrier, they could expand the passage. As they flew forward, the stone walls that collided with the barriers would create a pile of shattered rocks. The three of them was presently speeding forward like a bulldozer.

This method ended up being pretty effective. Though it carried its own dust cloud effect, their fleeing speed was twice faster than before. An hour later, they could no longer hear the sliding sound of that caterpillar.

"Did we throw it off?" The two young pioneers were stilled in a soul-shaken state.

Zhu Yao stopped her "bulldozer", and heavily panted. "Probably!" She felt as if she had fled across the entire world.