I am NOT your Alpha - Education

Start from the beginning

For a Psi Alpha, after publically denouncing the position a fight would take place – the Alpha can participate for his position again, but this rarely occurs. Powerful wolves in the Psi pack would battle until submission or death, and the winner of this battle would then be the new Alpha.

There is no Rho interference on the transition of the Alpha position between pack members of the Sigma and Psi. Rho packs do not exchange or transition the Alpha position between non-heir wolves. The inheritance of the position is not an action between two wolves, but the culmination of the Rho heir into his position....

The Division of Pack (Book I:IV;II)

Packs are divided by wolf type, consensus, and geographical location. When dividing a pack all pack members must be present. Alpha’s are then chosen by method of pack-type. See page 387 for more on Pack Types.

I pick up the last book, The Maintenance of Order: A Rho Alpha’s Duty, a leather bound text clasped with a gold push lock, before putting it right back down again. It was something I didn’t need or want to read.

After twenty straight hours of reading, I picked up just enough to know what I did wrong, and an overview of what I would have to do. Fight angsty Beta's and divide the 'giant unorganized pack' I had made into several smaller packs. How I would go about that, I hadn't decided yet. But I was made to move early.

"Cassidy, we have to leave!" Jason burst in to the kitchen, phone in hand. 

"What happened Jay?" I asked, jumping off of my stool. 

"More wolves have shown up, they're waiting for you to appear, and Uncle Rodney is getting challenged on schedule every six hours. He hasn't lost yet. But he's hurt, and if it gets any worse he might lose, or..." 

"Or die, Cassidy." My grandpa's voice breaks the tense silence, and I suddenly feel like a small child given a heavy glass object; afraid of ruining everything. "You won't be going alone. As Rho Alpha, I will be there, and my beta and omega will assist in keeping the other wolves in line. But now you have to step into your position. If not as Rho Alpha, then as the Alpha and creator of this chaotic mess you've made. Are you ready for that?"

I nod, feeling anxious over my Uncle's life and grandfathers words, and turn to get ready, only to be faced with Daniel and Fiona. Fiona rushes forward and hugs me, while Daniel strays back. While I'd been cramming fourty years of Alpha knowledge in my head for the past 20 hours, Daniel was practicing smooth shifts. While he was great with hand to hand combat, shifted combat is what mattered right now, and he could barely do  that.

"I want you to stay here Danny, both you and Fiona." Daniel immedaitely shook his head. 

"I'm going with you, I've been with you through the last ten months, I've even helped you take down some of these guys, kind of! I'm not going to let you go through this alone now!"

Fiona puts her hand on his shoulder to stop him, but he angrily shrugs her off. 

"I know. But I wont endanger you anymore. You remember why we're here, don't you? I can't order you as an Alpha, but I will request of you, as my friend, to stay here." 

He shakes his head no and stares me down, flinching when his animal nature forces him to look away, he glares at the floor instead.

"I'm going with you, and thats final Cassidy." 

I let out a long sigh, knowing that what I'm going to do will end up making him angrier than ever. "Okay Danny, you can come. But you have to do as I say while we're there. I'm serious." 

He nods, excitement filling his features, then turns to go get his things. I share a look with my grandpa, who turns to two of his pack who slowly trail Daniel to his room. They won't be coming. Even Fiona lets me know she knows, as she gives me a sad smile. I couldn't put my friends in any more danger.

We pile into my grandpa's truck, carrying only neccessities, a change of clothes, cash, and the books from earlier and head out towards the fight that I brought to my uncles doorstep.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: ...months later.

I know this update is really, stupendously, incredibly, irrevocably late... and I personally think it kind of sucks, but I wentback and re-read and realized I wrote myself into a hole (Uncle was being challenged  every day for the next thirty days, she really had no time to do any real training, besides, I want Cassidy to figure things out on her own. Which she will. I just wish this upload wasn't as choppy and... well, weird sounding as it is. *even though its kind of neccessary* 

I'm going with the flow here, I have a general Idea of where I want the story to go but I have no idea how I'll get there. I think thats why I've actually gotten so far into the story in comparison to other things I've written. (though this is so much shorter than my other stories on hand) 

I'm sorry for  being so late, and I hope this update isn't too dissapointing! It's winter break now, so I'm back in action!

-Telltalemoon