World Hip-hop Finals

Start from the beginning

***Performance Time***

The beat of Jennie's song started as we made our entrance, nahahati sa dalawa ang team namin ngayon one coming from the right side of the stage and the other one on the left side. I was the only one entering from the center, napaka-bilis ng beat that I was hyperaware of the steps I took to do the dance we choreographed for this performance, on point naman ang pagkaka-execute ko ng sayaw as the other danced with me to Jennie's song, pretty soon we finished our performance. Funny how time flew by, pretty soon we were called back out to the stage, all 10 groups who were lucky enough to enter the semi-finals, the Spanish Team had some explosive moves that impressed the people watching them.

I saw them perform after us at kinakabahan ako ngayon as my team stood in front of the vast theater packed with people, Rosé and Rabbit flanking both of my sides. I eventually felt numb as the host announced the winners of the competition and the prizes we would each get. Rabbit and Rosé held my hand tightly as we waited for the emcee to announce the winners, I closed my eyes as I uttered silently 'May Buddha bless our team'.

"To the teams I am going to call, please come forward." The emcee said.

"Team Bellisimo of Italy, Team Calienté from Spain and Team BLACKPURPLE from South Korea." The emcee followed up after a pause.

"Alright, we are now ready to announce our third placer, coming in hot, for the third place goes to Bellisimo!" The emcee announced.

Judges flocked to the stage to award the third placers with a trophy and sashes, then the emcee started to speak again.

"Alright let's give another round of applause to Bellisimo!" The emcee said as he clapped his hands.

"There! Now we have two teams left, please take the center stage BLACKPURPLE and Calienté." The emcee said and we simultaneously moved to the center stage, facing our opponents.

"And now the moment we have been waiting for, now the first team we will mention will be the Champions of the World Hip-hop Competition, ladies and gentlemen, we would like to congratulate you both for reaching the top 3, no matter what happens after this announcement, please know you all worked hard!" The emcee excitedly announced. 

I froze in place as the emcee got ready to announce the champion, Rosé and Rabbit held both of my hands, effectively squeezing them with their hands, we all froze in place as the emcee spoke.

"Now, for the World Champions... Congratulations to... BLACKPURPLE from South Korea!" 

A round of applause and screaming and excited jumping up and down erupted on stage, my team hugged me as I was still frozen in place, tears of joy fell down from my eyes, both of them as my team squeezed me in between them, nang maka-bawi na ako at bumalik na sa ulirat, I started to jump up and down with them, returning their hugs. 

"Congratulations Calienté for winning the second place!" the emcee announced as the judges flocked on stage to give them their trophy and sashes.

I was still in shock, Rosé and Rabbit sandwiched me into a hug and jumping up and down motions, tears in our eyes.

"We won Nalalisa!" Rabbit exclaimed.

I have gone back now sa earth, I was just so stunned and couldn't believe it. I joined Rabbit and the rest of the team in jumping up and down, soon another set of judges went up to us and awarded us with our trophy, sashes and a prize money of $50,000 symbolized by a giant fake check. Each of us were congratulated by the judges and each of us got a handshake from the judges before we were left in the center stage. The emcees entered the stage again. 

"Nice! Congratulations to the teams that made the cut, but now may I please call on our World Champs BLACKPURPLE!" The emcee said. 

We moved towards the dead center of the stage katabi ng emcee.

"Guys! Congratulations on the win! We have never heard the song you danced to, who sang that song first of all?" The emcee asked us. 

"Hey thanks! The song that you just heard is produced by our very own Lisa Manoban, the singer is Jennie a friend of ours." Rosé said.

"Wow, the Korean team was really prepared this year. Do you have any message for your win?" The emcee asked us.

Rosé passed the mic to me and smiled sweetly at me.

"Uhm, to all those who supported our team, our families and Coach Sunmi and my Girl Jennie, Thank you for your undying support for our team, we wouldn't have done it with out you!" I said to the audience who are now watching us.

"And to all those who watched us today, thank you and Saranghae!" I said additionally.

The stage was full of people, shaking our hands after the emcee had signed off for the viewers. Pretty soon, I was backstage already and my Mom and Dad surprised me as soon as I entered the backstage.

"Mommy! Daddy! You came!" I said to them as I hugged both of them.

"Anything for our princess Lalice." Dad said as he kissed the top of my head.

"Congratulations our Lalice, you did a great job!" Mom said as she enveloped me in a hug.

"I thought you missed my performance." I said to Daddy and Mommy.

"Pwede ba naman yun? Mamimiss namin ang aming prinsesa Lalisa na sumayaw? Never going to happen Lalisa." Dad said smiling as he pulled away from our group hug.

Mom and Dad like what I said never missed any of my dance performances, the major ones at least. They took their time off work to join me here as I celebrated our win, umagang-umaga ngayon sa Korea, mga 8:30 am so I decided to call Jennie.

Ring... Ring... Ring... Ring... The number you dialled can not be reached, please try again later.

I tried calling Jennie three more times but to no avail, no answer. Maybe she missed to wake up early. I thought to myself as we gathered our stuff from the dressing room and got ready to head back to our hotel. Mom and Dad will be having dinner with us, kela Mommy at Daddy na ako sumakay. Leaving my team to the van Coach Sunmi had rented. Rosé and Rabbit are with us, all three of us sat in the back of my Dad's SUV.

A/N:

Hello guys! Kamusta naman kayo? I hope everyone of you are doing good. I hope each one of you are healthy and okay. It has been a year since we got into a pandemic, it has been hard for me too. But, I am doing fine. No need to worry about it. Sana lahat kayo ay maayos at mabuti naman ang inyong mental health. I would like to apologize to you for not updating this story quite often as I used to with my other stories. I have been going through a lot lately that I didn't have time to update this story. Pero dalawang chapter na lang naman. I hope you stay with me as I conclude this story. Please help our fellow citizens especially those in need of food, please donate on local community pantries that are sprouting up the community. Spread love and light and I'll see you on the next update.

- Sky