6

What's strange about the way my brain functions is that the only thing that has ever made me feel calm is knowing clearly what I want ~ Emma Stone

I sat on the sofa with a glass of juice on my hand and the script sprawled before me. When I got home, I called my parents and told them the good news. My mother was beyond excited for me but did warn me about the acting industry and told me to be careful. The twins were going on fine with the school but kept insisting on coming to see me. My mother promised to bring them over soon. They wanted to give me time to adjust to the new life I had going on here before they came to visit. My friends also happy for me. I promised to keep them posted on any updates about my acting.

The series I was auditioning for was called 'The Life Of Jennie'. It was about a girl who wanted to be a model since she was in high school and finally got signed by one of the world's top modelling agency. The movie surrounded the ups and downs of the girl dealing with a life a top model and her new love interest. The role I was auditioning for was for the secretary of the owner of the modelling agency and I was also to be a close friend of 'Jennie' in the series. I went over the lines I was needed to learn over and over again. Trying to get the facial expressions right and the tone of the lines.

"You will definitely get this part Aya don't even stress too much. You are sooo good." Kaili insisted from her side of the sofa. She has been helping me rehearse all afternoon since she got back from her gig.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence. I feel ready for the audition. I will just carry this script with me tonight to go over the lines when I'm not mixing drinks." I stated folding the script.

Kaili stood up from the sofa, "Tonight won't be as busy and you can get Leon to help you read the lines." She called out as she headed to her room to get ready to leave.

I needed to keep my nerves in check. I couldn't afford to mess up this audition. If I just nailed this, I would work my ass off to be recognized more by the important people. This was going to be a show in the limelight and I needed to be featured in it. Even though the role I was auditioning for wasn't big, it was big enough to be noticed.

At the club, I changed into my uniform which I was starting to get used to and pinned my name to my shirt. Max came at the lounge to congratulate us for the good work we did at the event. He personally congratulated me and told me if I went on like how I did at the event, I could be assured of a job at the club for a long time. I didn't plan to work at the club forever but it was a good place to work at for now. I did get a few sour looks for some girls which I ignored. Kaili gave me a thumbs up before she went off to her usual stage.

Just as Kaili had told me there weren't that many people the club. I got a few moments to myself to go over my lines. Leon offered to help me go over them which I really appreciated.

"Yes, ma'am I have the files of the new model right here. She really does seem like a sure thing, Ms Leila don't you think?" I read over my lines, "She is a natural beauty."

Leon nodded looking over at the script, "You got this Ayana. Just don't be too nervous or the producers will sense that. You need to keep your nerves in check babe." He remarked with a wink handing me back to go serve a customer who had sat at the bar. Since the event Leon resorted to calling me various pet names which I didn't mind. He knew I wasn't looking for any sort of relationship at this point and was more than glad on being the flirtatious friend.

"You're an actress." A voice that I could now know from anywhere called out from the end of the bar. I looked away from my script to find Zavian staring at me. He did look as scrumptious as always. His curly hair was now falling on his face and neck.

Of course, he's here.

I walked over to him with a smile playing on my lips. "Trying to be one. I have my very first audition tomorrow." I told him proudly. I don't know why I told him but I just did.