Hiccup smiled slightly. "Thanks, Mom." Suddenly, Toothless growled while looking towards the edge of the island. "Toothless?" Then they heard a distant sound coming from that direction. "What's happening?"

Everyone rushed outside the cave to the edge of the island. Eira gasped when she saw three dragon trapper ships not too far from shore. The trappers were attacking the dragons that circles them, and occasionally the island was struck instead. Hold on... Those dragons carried her friends!

"I'm under attack!" Valka cried. "Who are those dragon riders?"

Just then, Stormfly turned in their direction. "Hiccup!" Astrid called.

Then Shadowwhisper moved closer, revealing Ingrid and Eret on his back. "Eira!" shouted Ingrid. "We found you!"

"No, no, lead them away!" Hiccup cried. The closer the riders got to the island, the more damage both the dragons and trappers caused. Fortunately, they seemed to realize this and slowly started for the open water.

Valka stood rigid, watching the scene. "I should have seen this coming," she said softly, her voice nearly breaking. Her face fell into her hands, and her body shook. "I should have seen this coming!"

"It's alright," Stoick said gently. "They're leaving."

Valka turned around and gave him a look of anguish. "Or finding a better position to strike... or return with reinforcements." Her expression hardened, her eyes turning to ice. "You brought them here."

"What?" Hiccup said in confusion. "No!"

"Then how do they know your names?"

"Slow down, Val," said Stoick. "It's not what you think."

"They're from Berk, here to rescue us," Hiccup said. "They have nothing to do with those trappers. Believe me."

"I've done far too much of that already!" Valka roared. She eyed each Viking suspiciously. "You're all very clever, aren't you?"

Stoick, a look of supreme concern on his face, reached his arm out to her. "Val-"

Valka continued on as if he had not interrupted. "And I fell right into your trap, distracted with heartstrings and promises, while your allies crept in to destroy me."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic!" Stoick exclaimed.

"And you!" Valka pointed at Hiccup.

"Mom," Hiccup said, a pained look in his eyes, "I know what you think, but you're wrong."

"My own child. How could you?"

Hiccup tentatively moved closer to her. "You're getting this all wrong!" He reached out to her, but she abruptly turned away from him. Pain flashed across his face.

For a moment, Valka's expression softened. "Then help me fight them." She motioned to the dragon riders and trappers. Hiccup followed her gaze to his friends and then gave her a regretful look. Tears filled Valka's eyes as she lowered her head. "You're just one of them." She turned around and walked away from them, stopping near the center of the sanctuary. Hiccup reached out to her once more, but a second later his arm fell feebly by his side.

"Alright, I've heard enough!" Dagur said loudly.

Heather grabbed his sleeve. "Dagur, now may not be the time-"

Dagur shook him off. "Now is the perfect time." He walked right up to Valka, who looked at him with narrowed eyes. "You can't just turn on your family like that! And after you abandoned them. I know Hiccup can be annoying and mess up the best plans, but he would never betray his friends or family. Just stop and take a deep breath. Rushing into action seems satisfying, but it can backfire big time."