"I think it'd be best if we stick together for this. If we split up, we risk covering Sophia's tracks with our own. Plus, I think people will be more on edge if we split up, don't you think?" I interrupted, trying my best to be 'professional' about everything. It'll be best if we pretend nothing ever happened! He nodded and scratched the back of his head, leaning down slightly so only I could hear his voice.

"About last night." He muttered. I shook my head and stepped back, giving him my best smile and looking him dead in the eye. I would rather not talk about it, but if he's adamant about speaking of it, I need to stress that it was a huge mistake.

"Look, it was a mistake." I started, "I was obviously distraught and wasn't thinking. I have a track record for doing shit like this, so don't look too much into it – okay?" Rick stared at me, the seconds ticking by tensely before he nodded, dropping the subject altogether.

"Friends?" He whispered, extending his hand out for me to shake it. I smiled at him and slapped his hand away. Closing the distance between us, I wrapped him in a friendly embrace and huffed a laugh. Did he even need to ask? Of course, we're friends!

"Obviously." I grinned and pulled away. "Now, did you see that arsenal Carl found yesterday?" Rick nodded, "I thought each person could get a weapon from there. I would love the machete, but I already have my hunting knife. It would be better for someone else to have it."

"Take the machete." Rick grinned, his hands finding his hips, "There are more than enough weapons for everyone in that leather pouch." Like a kid on Christmas, I nearly ran toward the RV to retrieve the machete I had my eye on since yesterday. Behind me, I could hear Rick chuckle as I dashed off, making me smile in return. I bounded up the RV steps and beelined toward the table, eyeing the arsenal. I grabbed it and opened it quickly, grabbing the machete and feeling the weight of it as I swung it in the air in front of me. I rolled the arsenal back and tucked it under my arm. Stepping back down the steps and feeling the heat on my back, I walked towards the gathered group, all of them ready to start our trek for Sophia. I laid out the arsenal on a nearby car and unrolled it.

"Everybody takes a weapon," I said, turning around to look at all of them. From my peripheral, I could see Andrea scowl my way. What's her problem?

"These aren't the kind of weapons we need," Andrea said, her voice hitting my ears like nails on a chalkboard. I rolled my eyes and perched my hands on my hips. It's too early in the morning to deal with this attitude. But hey, if she wants to play, I'll play, "What about the guns?"

"Last time I checked, you're a risk," I said, eyeing her innocently. I watched as her face fell slightly, her arms crossing around her chest. There's hardly anything that goes on around here without me knowing – I'm too nosy. Dale told me he took her gun away because he was scared she'd hurt herself.

"We've been over that." Shane said from his spot in the shade, trying to diffuse the situation, "Daryl, June, Rick, and I are carrying. We can't have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles."

"It's not the trees I'm worried about," Andrea muttered, not liking our decision.

"I survived on the road without a gun." I pointed out, "And I was completely alone. A gun is great, but it's not necessarily needed when there are only one or two walkers."

"Say somebody fires at the wrong moment. A herd happens to be passing by." Shane continued, trying to make a point with annoyance in his voice. "Then it's game over for all of us. So, you need to get over it." Shane took the words right out of my mouth. I hid a smile and looked down, checking the chamber of my pistol. Even though I haven't fired it since the CDC, it's a force of habit to make sure I at least have one bullet in the chamber. If I'm ever cut off completely with no way of escaping, I would gladly end my life then turn into one of those things.