Chapter 1: Undeniable Hatred.

It's no secret that you hated Draco Malfoy. Hell, you made it so obvious it would be a shock if anyone didn't know.

The pair of you had hated each other since the first day you met; the Hogwarts sorting ceremony. It wasn't exactly clear why at first, but over the years you both begun to pile up your reasons.

To loud, snobby, attention seeking: we're only a short few of the Longs lists you kept in your heads. And for five years it had been like that.

People who knew you, or sat in the same classes with you, had to always be prepared for what argument would take place next. A small glance could earn a weeks worth of snobby comments or bitter insults.

It was fourth period, potions class with slughorn. You and professor slughorn had gotten on quite well since he begun working at the start of the year. Less to say this made Draco very angry.

Snape had always taught potions so when Draco was no longer the favorite student, his 'golden boy top marks' begun to drop. No surprise there-

"Professor Slughorn sir-" You raised your hand from above your bubbling caulren, which was omitting a horrible green goop. 'I think I've added a wrong ingredient. "

Professor slughorn strode from Hermiones cauldren to your desk, where the green goop was now dribbling off the table and onto the floor.

'Nonsense you never add a wrong ingredients, let me see'. As slughorn waved his wand at the cauldren in an upward motion, something small and black arose from the mixture.

You looked at it in confusion, but the laughs were uncontanably loud already. Dracos's deep laughter was echoing from behind you at his desk. As you swung around to face him he gave a petty grin.

"What's wrong cortia? Did your perfect ingredients get mixed up- oh how sad."
He only ever addressed you by your last name.

"Shut it Malfoy. I don't need input from the likes of you." You spat at him, not breaking the intense eye contact you had started.

Dracos face contorted into one of fury. "Fix that mouth of yours whore." He growled back at you.

"Then fix your fucking attitude rich boy"

Slughorn tapped you on the shoulder, turning you to face him. He stood pointed with eyebrows raised in question.

"Well y/n" He spoke trying to defuse the angry tension between yourself and the boy behind you. "I don't suppose you added frogs mucous gland to your cauldren did you?"

"What? No of course not-" You spoke quickly. Draco had started sniggering again which made your blood boil. You swung around from your table and stormed up to dracos.

Grabbing an ingredient off of his table, you threw it into his simmering cauldren, turning the yellow potion into smoke. You felt dracos hand grip around your wrist in attempt to pull you back and stop from any further sabotage to his work.

"Don't fucking try me cortia." He growled deeply.

Without warning on his part, using your free hand, you grabbed his collar and yanked his shoulder down, slapping him across the cheek.

"Or what? Going to curse me?" You said in challenge.

He fought back, ripping his collar as he did so.

His expression became grimace and savage as he made an attempt at lunging towards your throat, strangling you. Using your leg, you kneed him in the abdomen, winding and pushing him backwards. You dropped to the floor to catch your breath, which was now very uneven and jagged.