CHAPTER •°• seven

Start from the beginning

James finding out that Remus was into Sirius, telling Padfoot and discrediting him forever in front of him.

James telling the whole school that he was into Sirius.

James making an awful joke on him, like the one they made to Snape, and discrediting him in front of the whole school.

James telling some shit to Lily and Lily hating him.

James being a dick for Remus for the rest of their lives.

And so Remus's brain couldn't take it anymore and before James could finish, he bursted out. 

"I'm sorry that I told Flitwick that you were the one to swear, but I panicked because I was thinking about Sirius and discovered that I likelikelike him. Please don't be mad and don't tell him." He threw out on one breath and then there was silence.

James glanced at him, confused and Remus just stared at Potter with the most apologetic expression that he could make.

"Ehh..." Prongs scratched the back of his head. "I was just going to ask you about that idea with the cups, that I didn't want to bring up with Sirius or Peter around, cause they immediately get excited." He frowned. "But did you just say that you like Sirius?" He asked and Remus opened his mouth, but nothing came out.

For a moment the two of them were just staring at each other. Remus shocked and panicked and James still confused.

Moony wanted to hit himself in the face. Why was he so dumb and acted like a cartoon hero? Like... ugh.

Couldn't he just wait for James to ask the damned question? Potter probably already forgot the whole incident anyway and now he wouldn't just forget about him liking Sirius.

And what if he was going to tell Sirius? Remus didn't really see a point in that, but still...

"I mean." Prongs started finally. "I'm totally fine with whoever you like, unless it's Snape, but I had no idea that you were into boys." He shook his head. "And into Sirius, specifically."

Remus smiled nervously.

"Yeah, isn't it crazy?" He swallowed. "I'm bisexual, actually." He came out and James nodded.

"That makes sense." He assumed and Remus blinked a few times, confused.

"Yes?" He asked and James nodded.

"You remember that guy from our Quidditch team that you kept looking at like he was a girl in a bikini?" He asked and Remus frowned on that kind of comparison.

He didn't stare at girls in bikinis, that was rude.

And besides did he really stare at that guy? Now, that he thought about it he might have been. But like... he was handsome as hell, so he felt absolved.

"Okay, I suppose it does make sense." He admitted and James laughed under his breath, probably seeing Remus's expression.

"Anyway, I'm still surprised that you would be into Sirius." James said. "Like I mean... he's a specific person to be into. Plus I'm pretty sure that he's straight." He said and Remus frowned.

"I know." He admitted sighing heavily. "But like... what can I do?" Remus asked and James shrugged.

"I mean you could try to invite him on a date and see..." But before he finished he glanced at Remus and seeing his expression he quickly corrected himself. "Oh, that was a rhetorical question." He laughed. 

Remus nodded slightly, but didn't even bother to say anything more. He knew that his crush was probably only one sided, but he couldn't help but think about Sirius.

Especially that they shared a dormitory.

And where in the same group of friends.

And like... ugh.

"So about those cups." James suddenly spoke again and Remus was grateful for that change in topic. "Could it really work?" He asked and Remus frowned.

"Huh." He pursued his lips as he and James stopped before the painting of the Fat Lady. "I mean technically yes, but it would take a lot of time to make those cups." He said with wonder and once he saw James's mischievous smile, he knew that time didn't matter here.

"Great." The other Gryffindor nodded his head enthusiastically. "We can talk about it all together inside... oh I just reminded myself." He said and Remus raised his eyebrows.

"What?" He asked and when James answered he felt like he was going to vomit.

"Peter said that he's found his soulmate." James announced and Remus opened his mouth.

Even Peter...? He loved Peter, but... even him?

And not Remus? How could that be?

"Come on, I'm going to tell you more inside." James suggested and gave the password to the Fat Lady who opened the entrance for them.

Remus nodded slowly, getting on the other side of the painting, but he couldn't get himself to be excited for Peter.

He really really liked him... but... How. Could. That. Be?

°•○•°

Remus being the pure respectable boi is what we all need staring
at girl in bikinis is rUdE, James.