Glamorous 23: Slow Dancing In A Burning Room

Author’s Note: Picture of Anastasia and Keegan in the multimedia area (ignore the background and ukulele)

Saturday Afternoon

Keegan's POV

“How is she?” Lucas asks referring to Anastasia

“She’s fine how's Hannah?

“She’s still a little pissed but she’s fine”

We’re both quiet, neither one of us wanting to ask about Reed even though were both thinking about him

I sigh “Have you talked to Reed since this morning?” I ask

“No, have you?”

“Nope”

Never one of us says anything were both quiet and it’s awkward “So…how’s Izzy?” I ask referring to his little sister

“She’s great and your sisters?”

“Good” I say rubbing the back of my neck “Umm I’ve got to go I’ll see you Monday?”

“Yeah, see ya Monday”

“Bye” I say hanging up the phone

I lay on my bed on my stomach looking out the window thinking about my date with Chloe tonight when my phone rings I pick it up “Hello”

“Hey Keegan” Anastasia voice comes through my phone I'm little surprised she called

“Hi” I say softly “How’s your face?” I ask

She laughs “Umm its fine”

We quiet unlike the silence with Lucas this one is comfortable and I embrace it because I know she’s on the other line enjoying it just as much as me or at least I hope she is.

 “I just called to say thank you”

“For what?” I ask confused

“For coming to my rescue… like usual” she whispers the last part

“Anytime you need rescuing I’ll be there”

“Even after everything I said to you?”

“Yes, when I said I’ll always be there for you I meant it”

“And I wanted to talk about the…kiss”

A grin comes across my face at the mention of our secret kiss “Yeah, our kiss” I say

“It was a mistake--”

“No, it wasn’t” I say interrupting her

“Keegan, that kiss was a mistake you should have never kissed me”

“Are you fucking kidding me?”

“Excuse me?” she asks

“You enjoyed that kiss just as much as I did”

She doesn’t say anything for a moment “That doesn’t matter I have a boyfriend”

“Like hell it doesn’t matter you, screw your boyfriend he’s nothing but a jackass anyway when Hannah hit you he didn’t even bother to see if you were okay or not…I did that be—”

Anastasia cuts me off before I can confession all my feelings “No one asked you to be there, Keegan!”

“That's my point, you shouldn't have to ask your boyfriend to be there he should just be there because he loves you not because you asked him to be”

“That’s it I’m done talking you to Keegan Campbell”

“Anastasia” I say softly but I only hear dial tone “Dammit ” I say  hanging up as well.

Anastasia's POV

After the whole Denny’s incident Ryan didn’t say anything to me he just drove me home I was upset and he didn’t even bother to ask if I was okay.

I didn’t sign up for this all this drama I didn’t want this but I guess being popular comes with a heavy price and to make things worse Keegan and I kissed his lips against mine never felt more right but I knew it was wrong I have a boyfriend he maybe a jackass but that doesn’t matter he’s still my boyfriend.

Even though Hannah slapped me I don’t hate her I’m a little mad about it but I don’t despite her but right now I loathe Keegan he’s being a jerk being around him just confuses my feelings even more.

Ryan he never told me that Meghan is his sister which explains how they know each but I still have questions like why did he has to keep this fact a secret? Is Meghan the reason why the Reed’s got divorced? Do Mr. and Mrs. James even know about this vicious rumor or do they even care? All these question swarm around my head.

My phone rings I look at the screen Keegan’s picture pops up I ignore his call then I start going through my pictures of Keegan and I stop at one of his at his house on the couch us with us both smiling and laughing watching a movie.

I miss him being my friend and I miss being Anastasia Carter, the nerdy invisible girl I feel a tear roll down my cheek I wipe it away I want everything to go to back how it was but I don’t know if ever it can.

Ryan's POV

After the Denny’s confrontation I took Anastasia home and went home myself my dad is at work while my mom was having brunch with some of my dad’s associates’ wives

I’m upstairs in my room pacing all over my bedroom thinking about how to talk to Meghan about this. I need to know the truth I know she didn’t sleep with Mr. Reed I know she wasn’t the cause of their divorce it’s impossible I don’t believe I refuse to believe it.

My phone rings I pull it out of my pocket I see Meghan’s face on my screen I take a breath then answer the phone “When you come back over can you bring some orange juice since your drink all of mine?” she asks

“Umm sure” I say

“Thanks” then she hangs up

I grab my car keys then head downstairs and hop in my car I drive to a grocery store I buy one container of Sunny D then I head over to Meghan’s place.

I sit in my car just trying to get some nerve to go inside and confront her about what happened last summer at the Reed’s home. My phone rings again but this time it’s Anastasia I ignore her call I don’t feel like dealing with her problems I’ve got a set a of my mine to do deal with.

I finally get out of the car I knock on the door a few minutes pass and Meghan opens the door “Yah, you didn’t forget the orange juice” she says taking it out of my hand walking back inside I follow her into the kitchen.

“Why are you so quiet?” she asks placing the juice into the fridge

“Did you have sex with Mr. Reed?” I blurt out

“W-what?” she asks

“You heard me” I say

“Ryan, you don’t want to know the answer to that” she says looking down at her feet

“You just gave it to me” I say heading towards to the door

“Ryan, wait, let me explain” she says coming after me

“I don’t want to hear you explanation” I say slamming her front door I walk over to my car and drive I speed down the streets of Los Angeles.

 I was so upset I didn’t even noticed I drove right through a red light until it was too late that’s when a semi-truck hit my car they say when facing death your whole life flashes right before your eyes and it does.

 All the happiest moment of my life there was one girl who was always there for me and it was Chloe, all I wanted to do before I die is to see her one more time.