Kyojin Academy Prom

The Kyojin Academy campus was thoroughly decorated and lit up for prom. The Art department had pulled out the stops for the spring theme; cherry blossoms wafting in the air, large pastel parasols sticking out from the ground, and large intricate lace swans strewn along the grass. The stone path leading to the back half of the campus was marked along with floral arches, strings of paper cranes in a mélange of pastel colors connecting the arches together. A flower wall was set up right at the front for pictures, the professional camera crew finishing setting up their equipment and taking some test shots as the students began to pour in.

The limo pulled up to the front of the campus, with all the teens inside spilling out, Eren helping Levi out and hooking their arms together was they walked with their friends along the pathway.

Hanji was marveling at all the décor, squealing and gaping as they went on.

"Sina never misses! This is so exquisite," She cooed, shaking Eren's arm. "You guys always know how to pull together the most extravagant themes!"

Eren chuckled, Levi shooting her a frown. "I wish I could take the credit, but this is all from people on the prom committee. I didn't join it this year, stuff like this isn't actually my thing."

"Either way, it's gorgeous. Oh, MOBLITT! WAIT FOR ME!" Hanji screamed, suddenly dashing off, her outburst startling all the students nearby.

"God, would I pay for someone to muzzle her dumbass." Levi grumbled, and Eren gave his shoulder a sympathetic pat. Petra giggled, looping arms with Mikasa.

"Let's go find our table, guys!" She beamed, and the remainder of their friend group made their way to the outdoor venue. The back half of campus was now covered with decorated tables, pastel table-cloths home to large floral centerpieces with napkin placemats shaped into swans. The academy had rented out a temporary dance floor, the wooden panels taking up the other half of the sectioned off area. The DJ was just starting his set, some chill beats bumping through the air. Levi had to keep his face from scrunching up as the group continued to comment on the wonderful décor and all the other visuals going on. He promised himself he wouldn't be a sourpuss for Eren's sake, but it only served as a reminder why he didn't really want to be here.

"It's just a few more hours, Levi. You can deal with it. These were the thoughts steeling him as they located their table, Eren pulling out a chair for him and helping him into it.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Jaeger-bombastic!" A slurred voice called, Levi feeling startled by the sudden noise, squeezing Eren's hand as he frowned. Eren rolled his eyes, shrugging none other than Jean Kirschtein's hand off his shoulder.

"Hello, horse face. How are you drunk already? The prom just started."

Jean held up his finger to his lip, letting out a not-so-quiet 'hush'. "That's for me to know, and you to find out, Jaeger. And when you do wanna find out..." Jean flashed a small shooter of tequila from his tux. "You let me know."

"Jean, go find your handler." Mikasa chided, and Petra giggled.

"The freshmen this year are so spritely," She hummed, making Jean blush. Orou frowned, shaking his fist at Jean.

"Oi, Kirschtein that is no way for a member of Maria sect to conduct themselves. You'll make us upper-classmen look bad." Jean quirked an eyebrow, looking legitimately confused.

"But Orou, you were the one that said you'd be smuggling the al—"

"Woah, woah woah, Rela—Ow—" Orou rushed to his feet, trying to cover Jean's mouth and biting his tongue in the process. He stood, ushering Jean away with a stiff smile.