Chapter 46. A werewolf's hybrid child

Start from the beginning

"Hmm... I don't think so. You are a hybrid. My mother said that only full werewolves would have one." Vlad answered honestly.

He had befriended the small boy a couple of years ago, when he smelt him entering the forest, and curious about meeting a hybrid, had from time to time talked with him. It was for this reason, that whenever he learned something from the adults of his pack, he would also ask if hybrids would be the same as them.

The adults frowned at him, as a hybrid was something to be looked down upon, so they did not took lightly his questions and had also told him to never interact with one, but he still met Fenrir sometimes with his sister, regardless of their words.

"I will never have one?" Asked Fenrir shocked. He was aware that he was a hybrid, his father told him so, when Fenrir saw him turn into a real giant wolf, and asked if his mother could turn into one also.

Knowing from his father that he was a hybrid, he never put much thoughts into this before, but a feeling of inferiority, still sprouted inside his heart just now.

"No. Well, the truth is... a hybrid closely resembles more his other parent, rather than the werewolf parent. So you would be mostly human, not a werewolf." Vlad answered again, not realizing how shocking and life changing the information was for the boy.

He was so shocked, that even when night came he did not go inside his house, waiting to see if his father came to visit. He sat on the porch of his house, constantly seeking with his eyes his presence.

Coincidently, after waiting for several hours a big black wolf could really be seen in the distance exiting the forest. Normally, he would barely see him once or twice each year, so he had not told his mother that he was indeed waiting for him, as the woman would have not let him do so, knowing it could possibly be in vain.

He happily ran towards the wolf who, seeing him hurrying, had slowly started to shift into a human.

"Father!" The boy called, as the man had already hugged him in happiness.

"How did you know, I would come tonight?" The beautiful ebony haired man with blue eyes asked the miniature version of himself.

"I did not, but I hoped you would! Listen to this, Vlad said I would never have a mate and I would never be a werewolf!" The boy cried as he told his father his sorrow. The family had lived for years at the edge of the village because he was not a complete human, and they had to stay away from prying eyes, but now finding out that he was also not a werewolf, the boy felt lost, unaccepted by both worlds.

Hearing his words and sorrow, for the first time the man felt he had truly made a mistake.

Seeing his son cry for a mate he would never have, made his heart also shake from despair. But the sorrow was not only because of the uncertain future that he had created for the boy, but because of his unknown future also.

Being the younger brother of the heir to the throne, he had felt lost in life. His parents' focus had always been on his older brother. As such, he had continuously rebelled against the norms the werewolf society imposed, in hopes of gaining their attention and love, but it always had the opposite effect.

Reaching the age of seventeen and shifting for the first time, he had at least hoped he would have a mate and start a family with her, gaining thus a purpose. But years had passed and he did not find her. Angry, especially seeing his brother with his mate, and jealous of the attention the latter had gotten from everyone, he had lost his way even more.

Finding a beautiful woman in the forest one day, he had fallen in love with her, even though he knew there would be a mate for him in the future. And, regardless of the injustice he would make towards the future werewolf who would become his mate, the man had kept on meeting the woman, and even made a family with her. A fact unknown to the werewolf kingdom.