Chapter 16: Fallen Parachute

I should not even smile, I have no idea why my body is reacting like this at the sight of Sebastian.
"Will told me to check if there's still the girl in his apartment and lock it if it wasn't. I had no idea he was talking about you." He says stepping closer to me with a big grin on his face.

"I should explain." I squeeze my eyes shut feeling a bit weird and surprised. He was the one who was supposed to feel surprised of me coming to New York, but yet again he is the one surprising me with his appearance. "I was just-"

"I'm so glad to see you" Sebastian cuts me off and I feel his arms hugging around me. I feel his scent invading my nostrils and I feel like I could melt in his arms. I needed this. I needed to feel him closer.

I missed you. It's all my mind can think of but just as I feel his hands letting go of my body I remember why I actually came here. I came here looking for answers, not a hug, not this lovely scent of his, not this adorable smile. He has a girlfriend and I need to know how this was possible.

"I know me coming here might seem somehow weird, giving the circumstances." I say looking at him and he tilts his head letting those ocean blue eyes meet mine. "But I don't know, you made me extremely mad by sending me that Christmas gift", at this point his smile fades listening to my words and he just looks at me rambling. "And I just needed to come here to tell you that you shouldn't have done that. I know it might seem like just a stupid gift to you, but you can't do that. I mean you cannot just do whatever you are doing because I don't understand why you are doing this and it needs to stop, especially now that you have a girlfriend." I seem to have raised my voice and I am not even sure why he is smiling now.

"Are you jealous?" He smirks looking at me and I have the biggest urge to roll my eyes.

"What?" I ask as I was thrown off by his question.

"Does my relationship with Alejandra make you jealous?" He asks with a smile on his face and I cannot believe he just asked me that.

"Is everything a joke with you?" I ask quite irritated by this. "No, it does not make me jealous. It makes me confused. I don't understand you at all... I hoped I would, by coming here, but I don't. One day you tell me just how much you want me to be your girlfriend and two weeks after that you're in another relationship with the girl you told me you're just friends. Do you know how fucked up that is? Did you actually care for me or did you just want to be in a fucking relationship regardless of who would be in that relationship with you?" I blurt out not even minding how bad this sounds out loud.

"I am not the one who needed time to think whether I love you or not..." Sebastian tells me and I frown hearing those words said so bluntly. "You know what your problem is? You ask the wrong questions and besides that, you believe everything you fucking read." He says calmly but I sense his anger building up as he rarely uses cuss words with me.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask really confused at this point. He takes a deep breath and looks at me almost like trying to figure out how he should answer my question.

"I am not in a relationship with Alejandra, but you couldn't have known the truth since you never bothered to ask me." He says sitting down on Will's couch and he just looks at me. I don't know whether he is mad at me or whether he just takes me as a fool. I don't know why he just tried to lie to me, or whether what he said is the actual truth, but I sure need to find out.

"Well then what is this?" I ask showing him pictures of him and Alejandra from their trips. He looks at me and at my phone screen and sighs. "Or this?" I ask showing him the picture of the Christmas tree he posted and then go to Alejandra's Instagram and search for her pictures. "Do you honestly want me to believe that this picture isn't taken at the same fucking place? Will told me you just got back to New York and you honestly want me to believe you are not in a relationship with her?" I feel more anger building up and as much as I want to sit down next to him I just have too much energy because I really don't know what else to do. How can he just stay there and lie to my face?