Stella & The Family

Start from the beginning

I stay silent, I didn't want that. And I knew I was being difficult. I guess I was taking it too far. I let out a sigh before leaning into my seat and looking up. "I don't want that." I tell him.

"I don't either." He says.

I sit up and turn to him, sitting crisscrossed on the seat. "I was both mad and embarrassed that you decided to flirt with my friend in front of everyone." I said as I looked to the ground.

He sits up in his seat as well, "I didn't mean to disrespect you or to hurt your feelings. Like I said that night, my actions were wrong and I recognize that. I promise that it will never happen again." He puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out the diamond bracelet from before. He reaches out to give it to me, "Can we start over?"

I chuckle as I reach out my wrist for him, "I'd like that." He clasps the bracelet around my wrist with a smile. "So would you like to come over here and join me for a movie?" He asks with a smirk.

"Nice try pretty boy, maybe next time. Right now I need to nap." I get back under the covers of my seat and snuggle into the recliner chair.

He chuckles, "Sleep tight."

-

I truly did sleep through the rest of the flight. The only time I woke up was to get off of the plane. After Julius and I got off, a car was waiting for us outside after we collected our luggage. We loaded up our things and climbed into the backseat of the black town car that had been arranged to get us.

"How long till we get there?" I ask Julius.

"Thirty minutes, why?" My stomach grumbles as he answers, making him chuckle. "Don't worry, a feast will be waiting for us there."

I smile at the thought, the good thing about sleeping on the plane was that I was fully rested. The bad thing, I was starving. The only meal I had today was breakfast, and that was almost 7 hours ago.

It was around 5:30 pm when we finally arrived at the massive beach house. The house was surrounded by tall palm trees and the ocean was right on its front. Julius opened the car door for me after getting out himself. I stare at the house in awe as the driver brought out our things. "You like it?" He asks with a chuckle.

I nod, "It's gorgeous." He takes my hand as he leads me toward the front entrance of the house. We walked through a path and up some stairs before getting to the large doors. He rings the doorbell and we wait before the door swings up, revealing a handsome tall light skin man with a large smile. "Julie!" He exclaims before giving Julius a hug.

Julius laughs, "Jerrell, nice to see you too." He says as he embraces the man.

They depart from their hug and the man known as Jerrell turns to me. He raises his eyebrows before looking at Julius, "There's no way your ugly ass was able to get her." He says with a chuckle, "I'm Jerrell, Julius's better-looking older cousin." He says with a wink as he turns to me.

Suddenly a woman appears behind him in the doorway and grabs his ear as he yelps out in pain, "And I'm Haley, his wife." She says with a genuine smile as she pulls her husband back into the house.

I laugh at the two, "Nice to see you again Hailey." Julius calls out. "Sure it is!" She calls back as she walks away with a whimpering Jerrell. Julius leads me into the house, shutting the door behind him. "I guess we have to find my parents ourselves." He says as he holds my hand.