𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

He stepped closer, his frame towering over hers as he moved his hand up, the bacta spraying out onto her forehead with the press of his finger. The soothing spray showering Asora with its healing powers as it .

"I-Uh I didn't mean to..." he trailed off for a moment, his voice soft as he looked down at her, taking in her soft expression as he spoke, his knees weakening as he tried to muffle out a sentence.

"I know." She nodded, sending him a small smile as she looked up at him.

Why did he feel so bad? It was just a scratch, really. It wasn't like he stabbed her, just lightly headbutted her, accidentally. 

Maybe it was the cold that was making him feel so weak, so fragile. He didn't like it, whatever was making him like this.

She smiled as he finished spraying her forehead, bandaging it up shortly after to ensure that it would heal as nicely as possible.

"Thank you, Mando." Her voice soft and sweet, the Mandalorian nodded in response, opening his mouth again to speak, but no words came. He was tongue tied and for what?

Maker, the cold was doing a number on him.

"You know there is no need to feel guilty over an accident Mando." Asora chirped up, in an attempt to reassure him. She could feel his guilt, his mixed emotions, it was pouring out from him.

"I don't feel guilty." He responded, his voice a bit shaky, his defense barely believable.

"Yes, you do. I can sense it."

"Maybe your senses are wrong." His voice was defensive, almost barking back at her with his response.

"The force never lies, bounty hunters do though." She quipped back, her hand raising to her hip as the two of them squabbled.

A silence fell over the two as the Mandalorian tried to conjure up a reputable rebuttal, but he couldn't, as he looked down at her he was tongue tied again, his mouth slightly agape in awe as he looked down at her. Her stubborn, cocky, sassy attitude growing on him more and more with every moment. His heart warming at the idea of how fond he had become of her. He finally nodded; his eyes trained on her face as he agreed.

"Fine."

She smiled at him nodding to herself, "Okay." She turned towards her droid, leaving the Mandalorian to his own thoughts as she began to direct the droid towards some critical areas of the ship that needed mechanical attention.

He situated himself beside the child as he watched, his gaze on her shifting from the two towards the interior of the hull, inspecting it for any major issues or problems that needed immediate attention. He figured it would be best to wait it out, let the two work on fixing the issues that needed immediate attention and let the cold drift in overnight to give the group a better idea on the issue areas on the ship.

After a few hours of the droid and girl began working outside in the cold.  Asora and the droid had fixed a fraction of the issues on the ship, though there was still a large amount of damage to be fixed the two cheered as they finished fixing the heat sink and cooling radiator panels, moving towards the blaster canon on the left side of the ship.

As the two began their work on the blaster the Mandalorian joined them, toolbox in hand, "What have you fixed so far?" he asked, peering over towards the diligently working droid and the frosty girl, her intricate hairdo peppered with snowflakes and frost from the cold.

"Heat sink and cooling radiator panels, figured we'd want heat first if we're here for a while." She responded then turned towards him and pointed up at the engine behind them.