21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ

Start from the beginning

We then went our separate ways, I was now on my way to Physics. Sadly, I didn't share this class with anyone I personally knew. I've never even had a conversation with any of these students here. And although I didn't mind it that much, I was still overthinking again, imagining everyone gaping at me, whispering about how I had no friends and was sitting alone. 

Come one, Sophia. You got through it last time, you'll get through it this time again. You won't have to say anything to anyone if you do't want to. That calmed me down a teeny bit, however it has never fully relaxed myself. 

-

Lunch came right around the corner, and I felt a dispiriting sting in my heart. Why am I feeling like this? My subconscious' voice corrected me."For who am I feeling this?"

I don't know... Although after I caught myself thinking about this question for a while, I think I found the result of my emotions. Why am I feeling like this for him? 

"Because he hasn't shown up to school yet. Because he was absent in all the classes you usually had with him," answered my subconscious again. Right, of course it was about Grayson again. Everything involving him has a great influence on me. 

"-phia? Sophia!" I brusquely awoke out of my trance and regarded in front of me. 

"Huh?" I muttered, my thoughts jumbled and mixed-up. 

"Are you okay?" Bella asked me, a concerned impression covering her and Evie's faces. 

"Yeah no, I'm fine. Sorry," I replied dismissively, despite appreciating their worry. They gave each other a look and then heaved their shoulders at the same time, resuming their chatter. 

The canteen was again, like before Josephine's...you know, full of laughter and people standing up, sitting down, occasionally two kids chasing each other, even though I'm pretty sure the teachers don't allow it. But a few tables are still less talkative and joyous, mostly friends of Josephine.

Now that I think about it, not only Grayson isn't here, but I haven't seen Kyle, Anderson or Jake here either. Maybe I should ask Logan about it. No, then he'll know that I think about them. He'll probably tease me about how I have a crush on him... But...do I? 

-

When Lunch was over, I excused myself from our table and found the courage to go to Logan and ask him about Grayson. I opened my mouth to get Logan's attention, but one of his friends beat me to it. "Hey bro, your girlfriend's here."

My eyes unwittingly widened and I blushed furiously. Logan turned around, and when he saw me standing there, a grin overcame his confused expression. It made me blush even harder than before when he didn't precise his 'bro's words. I knew he was joking, so I kept my mouth shut.

"Hey, Sophia, what's up?" Logan asked, turning his back to his buds. 

"Hi, uh..." I cleared my throat and avoided eye contact as much as I could. "Do-Do you know where, uh, Grayson is?" I stuttered and face-palmed myself internally for it. 

I fortuitously looked at his face to see his reaction, and regretted it fully. A smirk played on his face. "I was just asking for...a friend," I lied, even though there was no point in doing it, his face said it all. 

"For a friend, huh?" he said, amusement evident in his tone. 

"Yup." Again, I lied. 

Then his face twisted from an exuberant one to a way more drastic and discomfited one. Wow, what's that about? Are they in a fight or something?