Hanzō stumbled up as quickly as he could, the white powder having no effect now. He ran. He needs to keep Yuuji safe. He could walk by small animals being devoured by multi-legged monsters, a serpent wrapping around a crying child's neck, a monster stalking an old woman.

But.

He has to keep Yuuji safe!

He didn't avoid the small monster corpses scattered around him, his shoes stained by blue blood and bits of meat. He didn't care. The door flew off its hinges, but he didn't stop. Yuuji had to be close, he could feel his minuscule energy next to bigger sources.

Oh no.

He's late. He's late.

He couldn't stop running, going faster and faster. He wishes he was as fast as Yuuji, maybe then he would have already made it.

The scene in front of him is shocking, relieving, but not nearly enough when he can feel a pool of dense energy. It pulls him into a lake, one that he somehow knows used to be a vast and endless ocean. He feels cold, but he doesn't stop. Yuuji is right in front of him.

A black haired teen is thrown against a wall, blood seeping from his mouth and his bones cracking. Wolf-like outlines melt into candle wax puddles and Yuuji looks horrified. A startled shout starting to leave him.

The wall is blown into nothing and the black hair teen is thrown out with it. Hanzō scooped Yuuji up, still catching his breath while leaping out of the way. A few rocks scratching his skin and leaving traces of red. He shielded Yuuji with his arms, refusing to let anything touch him.

He never felt so close to the sun before.

Yuuji is the sun and he is the endless nothing shielding him.

"Damn it, I can't think straight." The teen Yuuji called Fushiguro mumbled, grumbling in his bloodied determination.

Yuuji jumped out of his hold, his embrace becoming empty, freezing once again. He grit his teeth and followed after,

"Itadori! Why can't you understand to take those two and run?!" Fushiguro scowled, clearly not noticing him in the rush of movements the monster put him through.

"You're in big trouble yourself!" Yuuji yelled back, evading a few swings aimed at him with eased agility.

"Only curses can exorcise other curses!" He looked furious now, his face somewhat stiff with the unfamiliar motions of excessive frowning.

Hanzō ran to his brother, he could kill the monster. He knows he can, he's done it before to other, only slightly, smaller ones. This time, though, his mind isn't numb and clouded to high hell.

His movements although only halfway fluid and natural were practiced. Like  any robot following its coding.

"You can't beat it!"

Yuuji can't beat it, then why is he running towards it? Can't he see that?!

"Is this the time to be saying that?!"

Yes! It is! Don't be stupid Yuuji! Just wait a second—

Hanzō launched up with extreme momentum, hoping to reach in time. He needs to.

"You're dying at this rate!"

Hanzō didn't focus on the words, only on his brother's figure still dancing in the air.

"If I went home now, I'd be having nightmares!"

Hanzō faltered slightly, even though he didn't mean to. He always... he always knew Yuuji would always do the thing he wouldn't. The right, good in morals, thing. Yuuji refused to stop now because Fushiguro would be hurt. Hanzō would have ignored it. Today, he would have ignored whatever was happening just outside his line of sight and let Fushiguro die.

Yuuji wants to save him, even though he knows he's incapable.

Hanzō, Hanzō needs to save Yuuji!

He bursts back at full strength.

"Besides," Yuuji held the mummified finger tightly in his grasp. "I have my own troublesome curse already!"

Trapped in the grasp of the blue skinned monster that Hanzō is only centimeters away from destroying, Yuuji swallowed the finger.

No! No. No. No. No. No! That object had too much of that ferocious energy stored in it, it'd rip him apart!

"You idiot!" Hanzō's voice screamed in sync with Fushiguro's. More desperation decorating his.

Hanzō's attack landed and the curse was blown into bits the same time Yuuji—no that is not Yuuji—ripped the things hands off of him.

The thing controlling Yuuji's body ripped off his shirt, basking in the moonlight. His tattoos all the more apparent. Another pair of eyes formed underneath the first pair, only making the differences between Yuuji and whoever this is, more apparent.

Sukuna cackled brightly, Fushiguro's eyes widening drastically.

"Ah, I knew it! The light feels best in the flesh!"

"Where are the people? The women?!" He stepped on the railing overlooking the city. "What a wonderful era to be in. Women and children are crawling everywhere like maggots. Marvelous! It'll be a massacre!"

He laughed heartily.

And the world caved in.

Heyyo! Hope you enjoyed and this also wasn't confusing 😅. There will be more actions between characters in the next chapter and less internal monologuing... 

Anyways, I'm very excited to develop Hanzō's character as the story goes on and I hope that you enjoy it!

This chapter is for ohnoiamhere who gave me motivation for this chapter

Bye bye~

Word Count 1225