Even with blood splashed upon Zhu Shengyin's deviously handsome face, the man's twisted smile remained the same, the glimmer in his eyes even brighter. "Chen Qihen, minister of the fourth rank. Such a weak man actually tried bribing barbarians to block Minister Wu from arriving at Jiangwu in time." The sword in his hand still had blood dripping down from the silver blade, falling onto the ground. "I thought I made it clear that anyone who gets in my way will have to suffer the consequences. It seems like some people only have ears but cannot hear."

Then, with the sword still in his hands, Zhu Shengyin walked towards the doors that were shut. "Count yourselves lucky. I haven't found you all yet, but once I do, be prepared to lose more than just your lives. I'll make sure that even in death, you can never rest peacefully."

The doors opened, the guards pushing the doors as Zhu Shengyin walked out, closing after he stepped away.

Everyone stood up, looking at the door.

"Lately, His Majesty has been even more frightening."

"Of course, after all, the whole Qi family has been charged with treason. A whole family betraying His Majesty, death by a thousand cuts will be easier than facing his wrath."

"Someone, come clean up this body."

A man sighed as he looked down, shaking his head. "A tyrannical emperor he is, yet, it is to no doubt that he has also strengthened this nation, securing the trust of his people."

Another man patted his back, "Why worry? So long as you do no wrong, His Majesty will not target you. His Majesty is a man who thinks differently from us."

In the room, collective sighs could be heard.

Outside, Zhu Shengyin stepped out, an eunuch immediately coming to his side.

"Your Majesty," The man called out. He was dressed in a black robe, embroidered with a golden python. His hat was rather elaborate, displaying his authority within the palace. The man still had a youthful face. His skin was pale and pure, not a mark in sight. With delicate brows, and elegant eyes, the man had red lips, making himself appear even more calculative.

The man was Lu Xinyu, Zhu Shengyin's head eunuch, his most trustworthy follower. Lu Xinyu has been by Zhu Shengyin's side ever since Zhu Shengyin was just a small child, from a guard to an eunuch in name. When Zhu Shengyin seized the throne, Lu Xinyu also worked hard to support the emperor. It was fruitful, for now, he had power and the backing of Emperor Zhu.

Zhu Shengyin looked at Lu Xinyu, raising a brow as the man took out a white handkerchief. Lu Xinyu leaned forward, his hand reaching up to wipe the blood on Zhu Shengyin's face away. His expression was serious.

Zhu Shengyin didn't move, letting the man do as he wished. One should know, if it was anyone else, their heads would have been off faster than they could blink. But in front of Lu Xinyu, Zhu Shengyin let the man do as he wished. After all, Lu Xinyu was his most loyal follower.

"Your Majesty, did you kill someone again?" After finishing, Lu Xinyu backed away, folding the handkerchief back. He looked up at Zhu Shengyin and calmly asked, not affected by Zhu Shengyin cocking his brow.

Zhu Shengyin lightly whistled, a man clothed in black appeared and took away his sword before disappearing.

Hands free, Zhu Shengyin walked briskly, Lu Xinyu behind him.