28: Calypso?

Sometime later you had gotten a tip to the whereabouts of Jack and Beckett was to have a meeting with him. Jack walked in. You were nervous but happy. Couldn't show it, of course. He focused on you.

"Curious," bagan Beckett. "Your friends appear quite desperate, Jack. Perhaps they no longer believe that a gathering of squabbling pirates can defeat the Flying Dutchman." Jack started looking around. "And so despair leads to betrayal. But you and I are no strangers to betrayal, are we?"

Jack kept looking around so you said, "It's not here, Jack." They both turned around.

"What? What isn't?" asked Jack, approaching you.

"The heart of Davy Jones," you replied.

"It's safely aboard the Dutchman," added Beckett. "And so unavailable for you to use as leverage to satisfy your debt to the good captain."

"By my reckoning, that account has been settled," said Jack.

"By your death?" you asked. "And yet here you are."

"Close your eyes and pretend that's all a bad dream," answered Jack.

"As you so often do?"

"And if Davy Jones," intervened Beckett. "were to learn of your survival? Perhaps you'll consider an alternative arrangement. One which requires absolutely nothing from you but information." He offered You and Jack a drink.

Taking the drink, Jack said, "Regarding the Brethren court no doubt." He took your drink. "In exchange for fair compensation?" He drank his. "Square my debt with jones..." He drank mine. "Guarantee my freedom."

"Of course," you said, pouring yourself another drink.

"It's just good business," said Becket. "Mrs. Norrington, if you could please make sure everything is handled outside, you know how Mr. Mercer can get overwhelmed.

Jack was a little taken back by the 'Mrs'. You excused yourself, passing Jack a hand fan. You stepped outside and saw them. You made your way over to the ship where Will and Elizabeth, Tia Dalma and the rest of the crew were. You noticed Barbossa talking to a bald man. Barbossa?

"This is her," said Barbossa. He took your arm and gave you a pleading look. "The goddess herself, bound in human form. Imagine all the power of the seas brought to bear against our enemy. I intend to release her. But for that I need the brethren court." He gestured to a necklace the bald man had. "All the court."

You stared the bald man down. The bald man spoke, "What are you proposing captain?"

"What be accepting, cap'n?"

"The girl."

"What," said Will. "Y/N is not part of any bargain."

Barbossa nodded. "Out of the question."

"It was not a question," said the bald man.

"Done," you said.

"What?" Will was not having it. "Not done."

Elizabeth said to him, "You got us into this mess. If it frees us.." she looked at you.

"Done," you repeated.

"Y/N, they are pirates."

"So am I, back off."

"Then," intervened Barbossa. "We have an accord?"

"Yes and I'll go with her," said Elizabeth. You nodded.

The fighting began. The ships were separated and attacked. You caught Mr. Mercer's eyes and he nodded. He would cover for you. At least for now.

You and Elizabeth were sent with Sao Feng. In the ship, you were dressed up in what you suppose are traditional ones.

Sao Feng walked in and began speaking, "By this time tomorrow, we will arrive at shipwreck cove and you will be free, Calypso."

"Excuse me?" you replied. You took Elizabeth's hand for comfort.

"Not a name you fancy, I imagine, out of the many that you have, but it is what we call you"

"We being who?" you asked

"You confirm it," he replied.

"Confirm what?"

"You've told us nothing," added Elizabeth.

"Not I," he said. "The First Brethren court, whose decision I would have opposed." he hit the wall. "They bound you to human form so the rule of the seas would belong to man and not-"

"To me," you finished.

"But one such as you should never be anything less than what you are."

"Pretty speech from a captor," said Elizabeth.

"But words whispered through prison bars lose their charm," you said.

"Can I be blamed for my efforts?" he replied. "All men are drawn to the sea, perilous though it may be."

"And some men offer desire as justification for their crimes," you retorted.

"I offer simply my desire."

"And in return?" asked Elizabeth.

"I would have her gifts, should she choose to give them," he answered.

"And if I choose not?" you asked.

"Then I will take.. Your fury." He lunged at you and started kissing you. Elizabeth pulled him back as you pushed him away. He was going to attack again when a cannon ball hit him from the right side.

You inched towards him. "Sao Feng?"

"Here." he was badly wounded. "Please." He took off his necklace. "With all nine pieces of eight... you will be free. Take it." You did. "You are captain now." He pulled you close. "Go in my place to shipwreck cove."

A crew member rushed in to inform Sao Feng that the ship was taken. Then he noticed his dead body. "What did he tell you."

"I am the captain now." you clutched the necklace. The man was not pleased and ran off. You ran after him with Elizabeth. Two soldiers caught you. You saw James.

"Y/N." James was shocked to say the least. You ran up to him and hugged him. "Thank god, you're alive. Elizabeth?" He turned to her. "Your father will be overjoyed to hear you're safe."

"My father's dead." You looked at Elizabeth.

"No that can't be true," you said.

"He returned to England," added James. Or so you'd been told.

"Lord Beckett told us that," You looked at James. "He wouldn't have..."

"Who among you do you name as captain?" you turned to face Davy Jones. The crew pointed to you. He recognized you. "Captain..." He turned to the crew. "Tow the ship. Put the prisoners in the brig."

"The captain and her friend shall have my quarters," James said. Davy Jones nodded.

"Thank you. But I prefer to stay with my crew," you replied. You started walking away with Elizabeth.

"I really didn't know." James looked at Elizabeth pleadingly.

"Know what?" she asked. "Which side you chose?" You pulled her away. "Well now you do."