1: And So It Begins

You float on a piece of wood next to your best friend Will. You are unconscious and are pulled onto a boat where a young Elizabeth was told to watch over you. You had heard her singing before, a pirates song you knew. When you manage to regain a bit of consciousness you hear Will gasping and saying:

"I-I'm Will Turner, this is Y/N Adney," and then he knocked back out. A bit dramatic.

You watched as she took Will's necklace and relief washed over you, they wouldn't think you're pirates. Not that you had anything against pirates, but you had a feeling that the people on this ship did. This, however, was your last thought before falling back to sleep

You knew Will for as long as you could remember, his father was friends with your father. You grew up together. He became your brother.

_ _ _

You had made a life for yourself at Port Royal. A skilled painter and musician, you pretty much rose in society. You had suitors lining up at the door but none really caught your attention. Why? You'll find out soon.

Governor Swann and Elizabeth were both very fond of you, so much so that you lived with them (you wouldn't live alone and Will had nowhere decent). You paid for your own expenses although they helped a tremendous amount.

You woke up early one day to the maids saying that the Governor wished to see you. It was important. He wanted to ask for your opinion on something.

This wasn't the first time the Governor had asked for your opinion in Elizabeth's gifts, but he made it clear he wanted it special. However, the kind of dress he wanted would be oh, so uncomfortable for Elizabeth, you really pitied her but couldn't help but laugh at the thought of her putting on the dress. "Governor Swann, I must warn you, this will not be comfortable. She'll be barely able to breathe! May I sugge-"

"Miss Adney, you know how highly I esteem you but I must insist in this style," replied the Governor. 

Insist he did and all you could do was find the prettiest among them. Perhaps it would be worth it then.

_ _ _

You and the Governor knocked on Elizabeth's door and asked to come in. When she replied that she was decent, you entered. You noticed she had on the necklace, probably had another dream with it.

"Still in bed at this hour?" said the Governor. The windows and curtains were opened.

"Rise and shine" You said jokingly, to which she smiled.

"Beautiful day," continued the governor, he then motioned to the dress "I have a gift for you."

"It's beautiful!" Elizabeth observed the dress and pulled it out.

"Isn't it?" He replied, looking at you to let you know he was pleased with the reaction.

"May inquire as to the occasion?"

"Does a father need occasion to dote upon his daughter?"

In this case, yes

They laughed and she went to put it on. That was when the Governor said: "actually I, um, I had hoped you might wear it to the ceremony today."

"Ceremony?" she asked and you walked over to her.

"Captain Norrington's promotion ceremony."

"I knew it" she popped her head out and looked at you. You smiled guiltily, having known this from the soon-to-be commodore himself.

"Commodore Norrington, as he is about to become," You whispered to her.

"Fine gentleman don't you think?" You looked at the Governor. You knew he would bring this up. "He fancies you, you know?" 

"Well he fancies Y/N too," she whispered quietly so that the governor doesn't hear, but loud enough for you to hear. You ignored her statement. That is something you should forget. 

Elizabeth gasped as the dress was put on and you tried to help the maids.

"Elizabeth? How's it coming?" asked the Governor.

"It's difficult to say," answered Elizabeth.

"I'm told it's the latest fashion in London." He was a little concerned but you nodded at him to let him know the statement was true. As unfortunate as that was.

"Well women in London must've learned not to breathe!" she said, frustrated. You stifled a laugh and watched the butler walk in.

"My Lord you have a visitor," said the butler. Probably Will.

You left Elizabeth and walked out with the Governor and, sure enough, Will was there. There seemed to be a candle missing on the wall. Gosh, you focused on the most minor and unimportant details.

"Ah, Mr. Turner, how good to see you again." You walked up to him and he hugged you.

"Good day, sir," he said, turning to the Governor. "I have your order." He pulled out a magnificent sword, a real beauty, and handed it to the governor.

"How beautiful!" You exclaim. "Pardon me," you stepped forward but the Governor didn't mind and showed you the sword. "Balanced I see, perfectly so."

"Yes Miss Adney and, dare I say, I trust your judgement more than most," said the Governor

"As you should," joked Will and he did a little trick with the sword. The Governor was impressed and claimed that Captain Norrington would be too. Ah, Captain Norrington. The Governor passed compliments onto Will's master.

Elizabeth walked out, looking-

"-absolutely stunning," as the Governor put it.

"Will." Elizabeth smiled at this pleasant surprise for her. If only Will would be a man and tell her he loved her. "It's so good to see you! I had a dream about you last night!"

You winced, it wasn't proper, as the Governor put it. Although you didn't care, he did and you didn't want to ruin a good day.

"About the day I first met you and Y/N, do you remember?" continued Elizabeth. Oh my god.

"How could I forget Miss Swann?" replied Will with puppy eyes.

"Will, how many times must I tell you to call me Elizabeth?"

"At least once more -"

"Alright carriage is here!" you interrupted. Giving them both a look saying that now was not the right moment. Will it ever be the right moment?

"Good day Mr.Turner," said Elizabeth coldly and they all walked out.

"Good day," Will said and then whispered, "Elizabeth"

Dramatic much.

"Will, when are you to tell her?" I questioned.

"I don't have time for your taunts Y/N," he replied with a smile.

And you were off on your way, you to the docks, Will to the black smith's.