THREE

three ;

Reid stared at the building in front of her in disgust.

Growing up, Reid had not had a great experience with school. Kate had insisted she went to elementary school, and for a few years she did.

The funny thing was she actually attended Beacon Hills Elementary. Reid could remember a few kids on the playground the she used to play with often, but for the life of her she couldn't remember their names - Biles, was it? Was there a kid called Leo or Theo? - not that it mattered. She had always hated going to school, because other than for seeing her friends, Reid despised school work and teachers had always said she was a nuisance, disrespectful and with a snarky attitude.

Reid knew Beacon Hills was, well, a beacon for the supernatural. And around seven years ago, the town was packed with werewolves.

Thankfully, Kate had dealt with that by setting a werewolf home on fire, and she had fled with Reid.

Years later, that fire had turned around and bit Kate on the ass, and now she was dead because of it.

Gerard made Kate home school Reid once they left Beacon Hills. It was easier, more efficient, that way school could travel with the hunters, and Gerard could teach his own lessons of Hunting 101 amidst algebra and biology.

As the years passed though, Gerard and Kate became less focused on teaching Reid how to spell and find out what the multiple of x was, and more concentrated on hunting. School happily began to become a distant memory to Reid, who had always disliked having to sit down and write essays and etc., and much preferred a hands on approach with learning to hunt.

Sadly, it seemed the absence of schooling Reid had felt in the past few years was ending.

The building in front of the seventeen year old was gigantic compared to the much smaller ones she remembered going to in elementary school. Students swarmed around Reid, and she started to feel a small twinge of regret for snapping at the receptionist in the office, that no, she did not need a map, or someone to show her the way, thank you very much (that snarky attitude had never really disappeared).

Reid swallowed, reminding herself fiercely of why she was standing at the entrance of Beacon Hills High School in the first place - to search for the "teenage werewolf" Kate used to tell her in telephone conversations, a werewolf that Reid knew to still be alive because Gerard had informed her that Chris hadn't killed it (like he ought to); to effectively hide from any curious eyes in Beacon Hills (that sheriff, for instance), and what way to lie low then to go to high school?; and lastly, Reid knew she wanted to meet her twin sister. Face to face.

Reid was just unsure on what she would do once she met her.

Reid desperately wanted to go back to the office and ask politely for a map, but she knew there was no way she could do that. If only she hadn't held a gun to that poor woman's face when she questioned Reid about her records, hissing that she either enrol her of her brain matter was going to be splattered on the wall behind her.

Reid sighed. She knew there was no way she was conversing with the teenagers pushing past her in their hurry to enter the realms of hell, so she just stepped forward, determined to just get this over with.

"...We have no idea why you can't remember walking around the woods naked for two days," a voice was saying as they walked past Reid.

Reid turned, curious, surely it wasn't - but yes, it was. It was Lydia, the girl who had come out of the Beacon Hills woods without an inch of clothing on. This time though, her strawberry blonde hair was twig free and her body was covered in a form fitting dress.