FOUR

four ;
Reid was standing at her locker, changing books between classes when she noticed Lydia walking towards her, and the two girls exchanged smiles. As the strawberry blonde drew closer, the brunette opened her mouth to greet her, but suddenly Lydia was ambushed by none other than the dark haired boy, Jackson, who Reid had spectacularly beat in gym class.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he hissed, grabbing at Lydia's arm and pulling her around a corner so the pair were only just in Reid's eyesight.

"What?" Lydia snapped, bewildered - much like the conversation Reid had witnessed the day before.

"Show it to me. Show it to me," Jackson demanded, fuming in anger. "Come on."

He reached for Lydia's arm once more, but she managed to pull it out of his grip. Reid slammed her locker shut, her eyes narrowing into slits, but she waited before continuing to her next class to ensure she wouldn't have to step in and pull Lydia away from this jerk.

"Are you out of your mind?" responded Lydia sharply, her eyes looking at Jackson as if he was a stranger to her, while Reid knew the pair had likely been a couple at one point - from what she had gathered from their arguments she kept overhearing, anyway.

"Nothing happened to you. It's like..." He trailed off, before he glared at her. "It's like you're immune."

"I don't have a clue to what you're talking about," Lydia replied, her anger at his actions starting to fade and clear hurt showing on her expression. Reid had barely spoken to this girl other than a few short conversations, hell, yesterday she had been mad about a short comment she had said about her aunt, but she felt her firsts clenching and her fury growing at the fact she was upset.

Jackson stepped forward quickly, causing Lydia to move back hastily, and hit the wall behind her. "It's...It's you," he told her in a disgusted tone. "Whatever it is blood, saliva..." It was at this point in his sentence that Reid felt her guard fly up. Rather than being mad about a lover's spat, her suspicions towards the Whittemore boy from yesterday were now starting to resurface. "Whatever soul-killing substance is running through your veins, you did this to me."

Lydia trembled as Jackson ran his eyes over her in revulsion.

"You ruined it for me. You ruined everything!" he ended in a shout, pointing at her viciously, before turning and striding down the corridor so quickly that Reid didn't have time to catch him before Lydia was moving away, her eyes with a sheen to them that informed Reid that she was holding back tears.

"Lydia!' Reid called after the girl, rushing after her, but Lydia easily got lost in the crowd, and Reid was left behind, swearing under her breath and with no idea to where the strawberry blonde had disappeared to.

//

When Reid walked into the cafeteria, she awkwardly stared around with no idea where to sit, or more importantly, who with.

The day before, she had sat alone on a table in a far corner, away from curious eyes. Now, she no longer had to hide from her grandfather, because he had discovered her arrival in the town.

And now, she was faced with the dilemma of actually trying to make friends.

Something Reid wasn't all that great at doing, being a hunter that had spent most of her time either a) around other hunters or b) killing werewolves.

From where she stood, she could see Stiles sitting with a dark skinned boy at a table, while Scott sat at another cafeteria table alone. She searched the room for Allison, who had actually requested for Reid to hang out with her, but the brunette could not see her anywhere, or Lydia for that matter.